Author Topic: The Big Smash Bros. Thread  (Read 13606 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3212
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
The Big Smash Bros. Thread
« on: October 25, 2014, 02:09:08 AM »
Discuss strategies, news on the upcoming Wii game, or anything else Smash Bros!

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4513
Re: The Big Smash Bros. Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 05:28:10 PM »
Is there any trick to triggering Fox/Falco's alternate taunt?  I'm aware that it has to be on the Corneria stage, but I can't seem to get the timing down.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 04:48:49 PM »
Best Smash track?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5lyG6roSDeA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5lyG6roSDeA</a>

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 06:43:10 PM »
There's nothing quite as satisfying as reflecting a Luma back at a Rosalina. I hate that character so much. It's not that she's good, because she's really not. She's just irritating to play against, because Luma will take hits for her, and that's BULLSHIT.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 07:40:38 PM »
Is there any way to see what custom part you picked up in a regular Smash match?

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 05:15:27 PM »
The character video is finally out!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 10:29:38 AM »
I think I have a new favorite track:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 08:30:59 PM by The Lurker »

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 11:18:49 AM »
Because of the amount of zoning characters that are extremely popular now, I've picked up Fox. Falco's better at playing against Zoners, but Fox has better options in case the opponent picks an aggressive character. It's really amusing to watch Link and Megaman realize they have to actually APPROACH me. And beating DHD is one of my favorite passtimes. Bowser, Palutena, and PacMan round out my set. I can't decide who I like more between Palutena and Pac, though... :(

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 06:52:26 PM »
I'm gravitating toward Pac-Man, and it's not just because he's Pac-Man. Every one of his moves are exactly what I want them to be. I'm also pretty decent with Duck Hunt. My old standbys, Bowser and Mr. Game and Watch are as deadly as ever. Looking forward to the Wii U version next week.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2014, 06:55:48 PM »
I'm gravitating toward Pac-Man, and it's not just because he's Pac-Man. Every one of his moves are exactly what I want them to be. I'm also pretty decent with Duck Hunt. My old standbys, Bowser and Mr. Game and Watch are as deadly as ever. Looking forward to the Wii U version next week.

Deadly as ever? Bowser got MAJOR buffs, to the point where he's strong now. game and Watch seems pretty similar, but I never found him that great anyway. The current Metagame favors zoners because the 3DS control scheme works better with them; less need to smash. Aerial characters are practically unplayable. Circle Pad is still the biggest predator in For Glory, followed by Lag and Yoshi and his host of unbeatable moves.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2014, 09:53:33 PM »
When you choose to play Link, is it because you have no friends or want to have no friends? He's literally the least fun character to play against in the game, after DHD. He's half the reason I picked up Fox.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2014, 12:29:00 PM »
Preorder Smash Bros Wii U at Toys R Us and they'll throw in a free Amibo.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2014, 08:12:21 PM »

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2014, 12:53:41 AM »
Wow. Is it possible to fall in love all over again with a game you've technically already been playing non-stop for the past month?

Don't forget, Club Nintendo types: Register both versions and you get a free soundtrack CD AND you'll get the Mewtwo DLC for free when it comes out next year.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2014, 06:21:47 AM »
When you choose to play Link, is it because you have no friends or want to have no friends? He's literally the least fun character to play against in the game, after DHD. He's half the reason I picked up Fox.
For me, it's because he's the one I used in the original Smash Bros, though I do like DHD for all the nods and an interesting move set.