Author Topic: Coming to Blu-Ray Nov. 3! (Only in the UK though)  (Read 777 times)

Offline MightyBombJack

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
  • Your weapons will have no effect on me
Coming to Blu-Ray Nov. 3! (Only in the UK though)
« on: October 22, 2014, 10:13:22 PM »
http://www.smbmovie.com/

And no, it doesn't include the Rifftrax commentary.  >:(

Offline johnmullin

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
    • John Blogs About Movies
Re: Coming to Blu-Ray Nov. 3! (Only in the UK though)
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 06:08:07 PM »
I just got this Blu Ray, and was able to sync the VOD audio up!  The picture quality is surprisingly excellent!

A couple of notes for the reauthor crowd...

•The BD runs at a slighly different speed than the VOD did... I sped audio up slightly to get it to match.  I use Final Cut Pro to do this, and entered a speed change of  "100.1%".  After I did, the audio lined up very closely.

•Action Batch had told me that the commercial DVD doesn't match the RiffTrax VOD (as he detailed in this thread: http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php?topic=28549.msg849503#msg849503) and the same is true of the Blu Ray.  Two little sections are omitted from the RiffTrax version, both of which are shots of Koopa Towers.  Here are the places where these changes need to happen, relative to the Blu Ray picture:

1) 00:55:14:06 (between Mike: “We used to bone, bang, and boink!” and Daisy: “Hey… you can’t do that, you’ll hurt yourself.”)

And...

2) at 01:30:42:16 (between “Look!” and Kevin: “So… interdimensional travel is done by locust storm?”)

I just patched in audio from the Blu Ray at those points to get it all to play continuously.

And that's it!  Otherwise, it was pretty easy to adapt the VOD audio for the BD picture.  It's a real shame that the isolated Riff audio isn't available, but what can you do?

The movie seriously had me in tears last night... God bless them for sitting through it!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 06:09:52 PM by johnmullin »

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked:
  • Hogwashologist
Re: Coming to Blu-Ray Nov. 3! (Only in the UK though)
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 08:01:14 AM »
There's a HD cut on YouTube right now. Not full 1080, but much better than the DVD.