Author Topic: rifftrax Dec Live show is Santa Claus (1959)  (Read 10762 times)

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: rifftrax Dec Live show is Santa Claus (1959)
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2014, 08:15:18 AM »
I was kind of shocked there was no spontaneous praise of Merlin for ALSO wearing curly shoes.

Curly shoes!  Yay!

Normal shoes!  Boo!

It was practically a Damien Sandow moment.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 260
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2014, 08:27:32 AM »
Enjoyed the show. Really hope that's the last "at your fingertips" short we're ever subjected to though as they're more repetitive than even the Batman serial. And I'd really like to see a new Christmas shorts live show in 2015 but I could see how promoting a live event of shorts is more difficult than promoting a movie specific live event.

Offline JediSoth

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
    • VFF Publishing
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2014, 09:51:03 AM »
I hadn't seen the MST3K version of this, so it was a treat. I think I was the only person in our theater to get the GamerGate joke, though. :D

I had tears rolling down my face during the reindeer scene.

Some people watch "It's a Wonderful Life" every year. I watch Santa Claus Conquers the Martians and now this. :D
Hans, the Original JediSoth
Author of the World of Calliome and Zack Jackson novels, Tabletop Gamer, Foodie
"Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 151
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2014, 10:03:44 AM »
I'm not one to just throw around words like knee slapping, but mine are fairly bruised and I think I may require reconstructive surgery.
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2014, 10:34:34 AM »
Loved it, an absolutely awesome event. The sound was perfect in my theater compared to the last two shows.
I'm looking forward to the release of the VOD. Day one, for sure  :D
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 01:16:33 PM by CHF01 »

Offline KidFlash

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 173
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2014, 10:52:57 AM »
Enjoyed the show. Really hope that's the last "at your fingertips" short we're ever subjected to though as they're more repetitive than even the Batman serial. And I'd really like to see a new Christmas shorts live show in 2015 but I could see how promoting a live event of shorts is more difficult than promoting a movie specific live event.

Agreed! Time for Shortstravaganza 2!

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2014, 01:05:56 PM »
I'm not one to just throw around words like knee slapping, but mine are fairly bruised and I think I may require reconstructive surgery.

I praise your post, while awaiting the return of the like button.  ;D
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2014, 01:08:26 PM »
Near sellout in Memphis. Only a few scattered empty seats.  The sound was perfect.
It was a great show!  :highfive:
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 260
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2014, 01:19:22 PM »
Near sellout in Memphis. Only a few scattered empty seats.  The sound was perfect.
It was a great show!  :highfive:
12 people total in our local theater. Smallest crowd for any show yet. I'd be concerned what that meant for future showings at the local theater, but there were only 20 or so cars parked when we got there and when we left, so many of the other 13 movies showing must have been totally empty.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2014, 02:30:41 PM »
I never realized it was a Rene Cardona film. It makes SO much more sense now!

Sound was PERFECT for the first time EVER in our theater. (Usually I blame the theater for having it so f-ing loud that we have to shove tissues into our ears)'

I actually thought this was funnier than the MST3k version. Maybe it's because I've seen that one enough times, but I never cried from laughing at that one either way. This version had me in tears at times.

Favourite riff was about the Argentinian kids being the German kids in disguise.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline kunedog

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2014, 05:41:21 PM »
I also think the sound was great, the best I've heard at any live show.  But my experience is that both video and audio is always good coming from Nashville.  It was typically adequate from North Carolina and terrible from California.

I do hope they make sure to get their facts straight if they go any deeper with the Gamergate jokes.

None of the repeated MST3K movies have disappointed me, because the movies are proven good material and the jokes are always fresh.  The only times I've come close to wishing I'd skipped an event were the repeated VOD movies, because many jokes are repeated verbatim and I sat there nodding but barely laughing, no matter how hilarious the show was.

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2014, 02:55:47 PM »
The only times I've come close to wishing I'd skipped an event were the repeated VOD movies, because many jokes are repeated verbatim and I sat there nodding but barely laughing, no matter how hilarious the show was.

Probably why they stopped. That, and Rifftrax took off considerably since then so they didn't need to the stuff they had in house as often/anymore.

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2014, 06:29:23 PM »
Does anyone else suddenly want to watch the original Spanish language movie with English subtitles? Or did I just lose my mind?

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 466
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2014, 07:10:16 PM »
The only times I've come close to wishing I'd skipped an event were the repeated VOD movies, because many jokes are repeated verbatim and I sat there nodding but barely laughing, no matter how hilarious the show was.

Probably why they stopped. That, and Rifftrax took off considerably since then so they didn't need to the stuff they had in house as often/anymore.

See, I don't (didn't) mind it when they did re-tread movies.  If I can enjoy watching a RT over and over again the certainly I can enjoy a Live! version of it just for the experience.  The Live! shows just have more energy and fun.  I still laugh at man of the RTs I've watched countless times, not sitting there nodding and barely laughing.

BiteMe316

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2014, 05:48:18 AM »
Does anyone else suddenly want to watch the original Spanish language movie with English subtitles? Or did I just lose my mind?

No, and yes.   :P