Author Topic: Worst Metal Song  (Read 26863 times)

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
Re: Worst Metal Song
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2007, 02:46:25 PM »

And I've never understood this stupid trend of throwing jazz passages into metal. They are so very out of place and stupid. Yet again, the uneducated out there consider this avant garde and edgy. I consider it absurd.

You're kidding me, right? Clearly someone who has never heard of Atheist or Cynic.

Atheist kick ass. I just read something about a farewell tour or album? Or did I miss that boat already. Dammit, I need to find time to pay more attention to these important things.

Offline Jubilee

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
  • Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E.
    • Devious
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2007, 04:51:59 PM »
I'm gonna have to say John the Fisherman. Godawful.

"X-Men come back more times than Jesus."

Offline MisterRiffley

• Schnappi Supporter
    • Mister Riffley
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2007, 07:46:11 PM »
by primus? i love that song!

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2007, 09:44:33 PM »
Dan the Automator is the guy in Clint Eastwood and yes, he is black.

Hopefully someone else jumped on this, but Dan the Automator is Asian, not black.

Covered it.

I can't see how Primus would qualify as metal. Poor Les Claypool. If only he were just a little less weird. Just enough to be taken seriously.

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 8
  • Snarl!
« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2007, 09:50:06 PM »
Poor Les Claypool. If only he were just a little less weird. Just enough to be taken seriously.

Yeah, then he might be GWAR level.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2007, 09:57:49 PM »
Primus was playing a festival or something with Alice In Chains once, and while AIC was doing "Rooster," Les snuck out on stage in a giant chicken costume and danced around. I don't think Layne Staley was too pleased by that.

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 8
  • Snarl!
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2007, 10:00:00 PM »
I see... then they're about GWAR level right now.

I respect a man who can dance around in a silly outfit in front of people, especially if he can steal someone else's thunder at the same time.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2007, 01:36:50 AM »
I pretty much loathe what I've heard by Linkin Park. 

do they even count as metal? 

just out of curiosity though, how come you dont like them?  generally i like the sound they have, but i find their lyrics to be insanely vapid and empty.

http://www.youhavebadtasteinmusic.com/linkinpark.html
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2007, 01:39:21 AM »
Some of those that work forces, are the same that burn crosses

What the fuck does that even mean?
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2007, 01:45:02 AM »
I know! It breaks my heart to hear earth-rending guitar ruined by some retard singing like a drunk frat boy belching the alphabet. I have a death metal fan friend who takes it very seriously when I bitch mightily about how her favorite singers routinely ruin music I would otherwise like.

If the vocals are stopping you from liking the music, you're not much of a music fan to begin with

Who the hell are you to make such a judgment about somebody? Are you saying that the only way to be a "real" music fan is to sit there and put up with something you personally find unpleasant? By that logic, we should all be fans of Michael Bolton.

- Conan O'Brien

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2007, 01:47:02 AM »
Primus was playing a festival or something with Alice In Chains once, and while AIC was doing "Rooster," Les snuck out on stage in a giant chicken costume and danced around. I don't think Layne Staley was too pleased by that.

That is weapons-grade awesome.

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Teaflax

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2007, 02:20:39 AM »
If the vocals are stopping you from liking the music, you're not much of a music fan to begin with

I think this may qualify for most inane forum post of 2007 so far.
Fear destroys. - Jon Anderson

Offline RandyMistie

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 116
  • Hello!
« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2007, 06:23:39 AM »

What "Rage" was saying there is that some police and military guys are cross burners.  It represents the fear that many African Americans have that the people that are supposed to protect them are actually... you know...

I can understand Sarcasm's anger at it, but you have to recognize that the line reads... "SOME of those that work forces..." not ALL.  And, unfortunately, that's very true.
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Offline Jubilee

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E.
    • Devious
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2007, 01:32:28 PM »
I can't see how Primus would qualify as metal. Poor Les Claypool. If only he were just a little less weird. Just enough to be taken seriously.
[/quote]

Well if that song has to be classifed as music in-and-of-itself, I have a right to put it in any genre I choose. And I choose Rock Power Ballads.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 04:39:25 PM by Jubilee »

"X-Men come back more times than Jesus."

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2007, 03:36:38 PM »

What "Rage" was saying there is that some police and military guys are cross burners.  It represents the fear that many African Americans have that the people that are supposed to protect them are actually... you know...

I can understand Sarcasm's anger at it, but you have to recognize that the line reads... "SOME of those that work forces..." not ALL.  And, unfortunately, that's very true.

Whoa whoa whoa... You're saying that those noises Zach de la Rocha makes are supposed to be words? In English? Huh.