login

Author Topic: Worst Metal Song  (Read 26586 times)

Offline RobtheBarbarian

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 8
  • Snarl!
Re: Worst Metal Song
« Reply #225 on: December 17, 2008, 07:09:16 AM »
It's totally brutal. I think it's funny on it's own, and I think it accurately satires the silly things about metal as well.

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 0
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #226 on: December 17, 2008, 10:34:05 AM »
I have a question for all the metal heads, what do you guys think of Metalocalypse? I enjoy the stuff that Dethklok plays, but I suppose I'm more laughing at the genera than with it. Either way, thats a kick ass show.

I love the mockery of it all, the spoofiness of the amount of blood and destruction, and the music is so-so. Some of the songs are great, some of them are a complete bore. Though I do like the characters and voices; my favorite character being Skwisgaar Skwigelf. And I love the band members' parents!

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 629
« Reply #227 on: December 17, 2008, 10:34:55 AM »
But acknowledging that is way different than writing off an entire genre simply because the vocals grate on you...ignoring completely the intention of the artists in constructing a fitting atmosphere for what they're creating. It's like telling an entire orchestra to f**k off because the cellist pissed on your shoes.

Actually it's more like throwing away a bag of Skittles because you found mouse shit in it, but I appreciate what you're saying. To someone who doesn't like harsh vocals in the first place, the more appropriate analogy would be telling the orchestra to fuck off because the cellist is drowning out the rest with MC Hammer's greatest hits.

No. The way I said it stands.

As for Metalocalypse. I'm not a fan...it's alright, but extremely overrated. I watched it until Dane Cook made an appearance, then I wrote it off...wasn't that big of a loss. It definitely satires the sillyness of metal, but I think it does so in a condescending way from the position of someone who used to be into metal. Also, 90% of the show is humor that isn't metal related...and most of that stuff is the random unfunny crap as foun in Smalls' other shows.
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline Natureboy

• Big Montana
  • Intelligent, Sensational
    • Easy Talk Cafe
« Reply #228 on: December 22, 2008, 04:58:20 AM »
Worst Metal Song = King Diamond's "No Presents for Christmas." 

It actually ranks up there with Highlander II as "worst thing ever." 

Yep!  Pretty much.......but don't be too sure, Grim Reaper is still lurking around some discount bins.  There is also any song by a band called Sheer Terror.....enjoy a sample:  "Grrrrrrrrr blllarrrrkkkkk Fuck You......wattttttttrrrrrrk  Shit pants........mwaaaaaaaa!  (Repeat Chorus)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 05:08:29 AM by Natureboy »

Offline Wiseblood

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #229 on: December 23, 2008, 12:48:14 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/PZyaJR7d0Bg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/PZyaJR7d0Bg</a>

"Made of Metal" by Dream Evil.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On second thought this may actually be the BEST METAL SONG EVER.

Offline Invisible NanoGhost

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Just here for a few laughs. I'll take yours.
« Reply #230 on: January 07, 2009, 09:48:45 AM »
I can't take any band seriously who's singer sounds like Cookie Monster on crystal meth.

Amen, the cookie monster just cracks me up every time. Which is too bad, because bands like Opeth make some incredibly good music and have a singer that can sing for real, so why they have to resort to that silly growling is beyond me.

Yeah, I love some of the music Opeth does, but I just can't take those vocals.  I've had days where my voice sounds like the cookie monster, and when I do it's very painful to talk.  When songs like that come on, I'm too busy thinking how much that must hurt, and can never concentrate enough to figure out what the actual lyrics are.

(yes, I know they say it doesn't hurt to sing like that if you know what you're doing, but I just can't get past the sound)

Offline The Lady Rommel

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #231 on: January 23, 2009, 12:29:32 PM »
I gotta say my least favorite metal song ever is Lick it Up by Kiss.  Cannot stand it.  I also remember this horrible song by an Asian metal group, can't remember who it was though.

Also, anything by Hinder.  Some people call them metal, I don't.  They are not metal.
I don't see race.  People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I watch Antiques Roadshow.

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • "SMOG INSPECTION!"
    • Mystic Studios Productions
« Reply #232 on: January 23, 2009, 01:28:05 PM »
Also, anything by Hinder.  Some people call them metal, I don't.  They are not metal.

You know, when I looked up that band, I came across little item:

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/news.php?newsid=6180

THe following was taken from Hinders fan of the week page.

TELL US WHY YOU ARE A HINDER FAN: April this year I was in car accident. The car flipped and landed on its side between a fence and a power pole. I climbed out through the back window that had been smashed out during the accident. I realized that my Hinder album was still in the head unit and the keys were still in. so i climbed back into the car over all the glass and crap just to get out my Hinder album. there was no way in hell I was gonna leave it in there and never get it back. Even though the CD is ruined, i bought another one and still have the one I got out of my car accident

:rimshot:
This iRiff will only be on sale for another few hours. Get it while it's cheap!

Offline The Lady Rommel

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #233 on: January 31, 2009, 10:17:18 AM »

You know, when I looked up that band, I came across little item:

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/news.php?newsid=6180

THe following was taken from Hinders fan of the week page.

TELL US WHY YOU ARE A HINDER FAN: April this year I was in car accident. The car flipped and landed on its side between a fence and a power pole. I climbed out through the back window that had been smashed out during the accident. I realized that my Hinder album was still in the head unit and the keys were still in. so i climbed back into the car over all the glass and crap just to get out my Hinder album. there was no way in hell I was gonna leave it in there and never get it back. Even though the CD is ruined, i bought another one and still have the one I got out of my car accident

:rimshot:

That's just sad
I don't see race.  People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I watch Antiques Roadshow.

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #234 on: February 23, 2009, 11:58:46 AM »
I've been a Judas Priest fan for many years, but their song 'Ram It Down' has got to rank in the top 10 worst metal songs EVER.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 02:40:19 PM by CHF01 »