Poll

Which team are you?

Team Cap
Team Iron Man
Team Jacob

Author Topic: Captain America 3 - Civil War TEAM SPOILERS  (Read 27552 times)

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2589
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
Re: Captain America 3 - Civil War
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2014, 06:35:52 PM »
Yeah, if memory serves, if someone had superpowers, the choices were to join the Avengers/SHIELD, or get locked away as a criminal.

In the Negative Zone no less.
FINE

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3537
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2014, 06:49:32 PM »
Yeah, the forced service part of it really bugged me too. I just didn't buy that anyone would support that. The comics really seemed to focus on the registration and identity portion of the act.

Also, the other day I saw that there were some discussions between Marvel and Sony to allow Spiderman to be in a Marvel movie. Maybe they could put him in this.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2014, 06:54:36 PM »
Yeah, the forced service part of it really bugged me too. I just didn't buy that anyone would support that. The comics really seemed to focus on the registration and identity portion of the act.

After the incident that cause the registration act in the first place?

Also, the other day I saw that there were some discussions between Marvel and Sony to allow Spiderman to be in a Marvel movie. Maybe they could put him in this.

Will the stink be off Spider-Man in time though?
FINE

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2014, 07:31:45 PM »

I can understand the training portion of it if someone chooses to be a hero, but if they don't want to register and just stay at home, throwing them in the negative zone is just stupid.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2014, 07:42:01 PM »

I can understand the training portion of it if someone chooses to be a hero, but if they don't want to register and just stay at home, throwing them in the negative zone is just stupid.

But do you think the Registration Act is implausible if that's how things played out in the real world? There were a few incidents causing the bill to be drawn up (Hulk rampaging and killing a bunch of people being one) and then, while the bill is being debated a well-meaning hero accidentally killed 600 people including children in schools live on TV - You don't think that bill goes through?

Even if it is a little radical, I don't think it's implausible at all.

One of the things that made it a fantastic event (IMO) is how very realistic the idea is, how you can easily see both sides of the argument.
FINE

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2014, 07:47:08 PM »
I do think it is implausible.  I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I do have faith in Marvel that they will be able to make a good movie.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2014, 07:51:05 PM »
I guess we will.
FINE

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1268
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2014, 07:56:21 PM »
Side bar.

In Marvel history did The Avengers, etc ever come out and say they supported Mutants (or even Spider-Man) so the public and government should maybe leave them alone?  Kind of a dick move if they didn't.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4934
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2014, 07:58:10 PM »
Yeah, if memory serves, if someone had superpowers, the choices were to join the Avengers/SHIELD, or get locked away as a criminal.

In the Negative Zone no less.

See, they should have sent them to the Friend Zone.  That's just where friends go.  Sadly, no conjugal visits.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2014, 07:58:29 PM »
Side bar.

In Marvel history did The Avengers, etc ever come out and say they supported Mutants (or even Spider-Man) so the public and government should maybe leave them alone?  Kind of a dick move if they didn't.

Probably - Mutants have been members of the Avengers since almost the beginning.
FINE

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6774
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2014, 08:16:12 PM »
well, except for the recent avengers vs. x-men storyline.

although: scott is a dick, it's true.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3040
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2014, 08:41:21 PM »

Oooh that just made me totally realize we need a New Warriors movie before Captain America 3.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2014, 08:43:49 PM »

Oooh that just made me totally realize we need a New Warriors movie before Captain America 3.

I'd like it, but it'll never happen.

THOUGH, I wouldn't rule out the idea of a short New Mutants TV series.

More likely the TV shows will be used to introduce more characters and set up some anti-hero sentiment.
FINE

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2014, 05:51:13 AM »
Might be a way to get RDJ out of the series.  Guy makes way too much money on these films, and Civil War could go the "He's not a lovable asshole, he's a despicable piece of shit" route.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2014, 04:45:14 PM »
Might be a way to get RDJ out of the series.  Guy makes way too much money on these films, and Civil War could go the "He's not a lovable asshole, he's a despicable piece of shit" route.

I guess? It seems much more likely they'll recast the character rather than get rid of him.
FINE