login

Author Topic: ROTOR HQ  (Read 6767 times)

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 66
  • Hogwashologist
Re: ROTOR HQ
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2014, 11:33:08 AM »
Yep, the new version is up. Enjoy and thanks for the heads up on the better print.

You're welcome!

Offline geesus

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2014, 10:58:40 AM »
Is the old version still available? The frame-rate seems all screwy on the HQ version unfortunately :(

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 447
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2014, 12:42:22 PM »
Is the old version still available? The frame-rate seems all screwy on the HQ version unfortunately :(

Yeah, I noticed that myself watching the higher-quality version last-night.  Most of the time it's barely noticeable (to me anyway) but there are times where it is.  It's only like it's a couple frames/second off but it's there.  But, for me, the better picture quality is worth the loss of a little frame-rate.

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 196
  • Against the ninjmmmppphhhh
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2014, 02:43:55 PM »

Yeah, I noticed that myself watching the higher-quality version last-night.  Most of the time it's barely noticeable (to me anyway) but there are times where it is.  It's only like it's a couple frames/second off but it's there.  But, for me, the better picture quality is worth the loss of a little frame-rate.

Unfortunately, it looks like the frame rate problem exists in the original youtube file. I agree that it's still better than the originally-released rifftrax version, but it's kinda annoying. I kept the old version, just in case I get too annoyed.  ;)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 717
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2014, 07:32:45 PM »
Is it as bad as the Dr. Who?  I couldn't watch that one at all. It was too distracting.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 66
  • Hogwashologist
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2014, 03:01:08 PM »
I agree that it's still better than the originally-released rifftrax version, but it's kinda annoying. I kept the old version, just in case I get too annoyed.  ;)

I see the poor frame rate, but I guess it bugs me less than the blurry state of the commercially available version.

Offline mentallo

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2014, 07:59:47 PM »
I hope we see a complete version one day. I'm not gonna hold my breath though. Too bad.

Offline geesus

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2014, 12:33:54 PM »
I hope we see a complete version one day. I'm not gonna hold my breath though. Too bad.

I have actually secured a much-improved version that is a LOT better than either of the two upped by the guys. I'm not sure which cut of the film it is, but it runs 1:30:20 so seems to add a minute or so. I will probably edit it myself and re-mux the audio when I get a chance.

Mods - If you have any way of me getting the file to you to use you are more than welcome to do so (it weighs in at 1.08GB though - I may be able to host it on my server and have you guys download it). Let me know if you want to check it out. Thanks.

EDIT - it may well just be the same version mentioned earlier in the thread. Looks a lot cleaner than the Youtube version to me though.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 12:45:08 PM by geesus »