Author Topic: Star Trek 3 with (without Spoooock) The Shat??  (Read 17818 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3894
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Star Trek 3 with (without Spoooock) The Shat??
« on: September 23, 2014, 07:47:23 AM »
Rumor: Roberto Orci Wants to Reunite William Shatner & Leonard Nimoy for STAR TREK 3
Nerdiest; on September 22, 2014

We know very little about the plot details of Star Trek 3 (or Star Trek 13, if you want to be technical about it.) We know the co-screenwriter of the previous two installments, Roberto Orci, is making his directorial debut with this one, and we know that the movie is set well into the five-year mission of the crew of the Enterprise. But this latest tidbit should have hardcore Trekkers foaming at the mouth with excitement: according to a report in Badass Digest, it seems Orci, a huge old-school Trek fan himself, wants to reunite William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy as Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock, presumably for the last time. The last time these two actors shared the screen together as these characters was in 1991′s Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, which was the last film featuring the original crew.

Other attempts had been made to reunite them on screen since then Trek VI. In 1994′s Star Trek: Generations, the opening prologue, which was set on the maiden voyage of the Enterprise-B, featured Shatner as Kirk, along with Walter Koenig as Chekov and James Doohan as Scotty, giving the new ship a proper send-off. The original script called for Kirk along with Spock and Doctor McCoy instead, but both Leonard Nimoy and DeForrest Kelley declined to come back for what amounted to be a pretty minor cameo, so they were replaced with Koenig and Doohan. Then when it came time for JJ Abrams‘ 2009 Star Trek reboot, it was Nimoy who came back as Spock and Shatner who declined, as he didn’t want to do a mere cameo. The cameo itself would have been a holographic recording of Kirk that Spock kept with him, since the movie Generations had killed him off.

So could Orci have the winning formula in his script to reunite these two sci-fi legends one last time? There would be historical significance to it as Star Trek:3 is set to be released in 2016, the 50th anniversary year of the entire franchise. Although Star Wars is often given all the credit for launching the sci-fi-dominated pop culture landscape we all enjoy living in now, truthfully Star Trek did it first. To have Shatner and Nimoy reunited after twenty-five years, alongside their younger counterparts Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto, would help to make this movie something truly special, and mark a fairly big anniversary in geek culture.

Would you like to see Shatner and Nimoy together on the big screen again?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 04:23:22 PM by RVR II »

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
Re: Star Trek 3 with Spoooock and The Shat??
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 08:06:07 AM »
I like seeing Shatner do anything to be honest.

Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 08:22:14 AM »
I'm not sure how they can do it where it will make sense, but I can't really complain, it would be cool to see him as Kirk one more time.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3894
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 08:53:43 AM »
Well they better hurry up cause it sounds like Leonard Nimoy isn't doing too well (lung issues) :scared:

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 09:24:24 AM »
Calling is Star Trek 3 still annoys the shit out of me.

I'm not sure how they can do it where it will make sense, but I can't really complain, it would be cool to see him as Kirk one more time.

Look at how much of these movies dont make sense already, its just lazy writing and thats not going to stop them from doing more of it.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5896
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 09:35:28 AM »
Ugh! Keep Shatner as far away from this as possible!

And while I'm glad the writers are fans of Trek, but rather than writing what amounts to fanfiction, how about writing NEW stories?!

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 623
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 09:40:51 AM »

ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5896
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 09:42:36 AM »

That's shaped like my thingy.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 10:51:53 PM »
Neither of them should be in it, it's the 3rd film of the new crew, move on from the old crew gimmick.

Offline PsychoGoatee

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 140
  • We are the road crew!
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 11:21:09 PM »
I say we throw Stan Lee in there too, just for kicks. And Lloyd Kaufman! They're both in Guardians of the Galaxy, so that's close-ish material.  ;D

I like it, cameos for the titans are groovy in my book.

Offline stethacantus

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 95
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2014, 06:54:39 AM »

Simple. The first JJ Abrams movie established that the original Federation timeline was changed when the movie's villain went back in time to take vengeance against Spock. That means almost all the events that happened in the original series and the Star Trek series that followed have been altered. It may be possible that in this new time stream, Kirk was never killed. I am sure that time-travel Spock will make sure that all the bad things he knows of, like Kirk's death, never happen. Most of the conflicts that happened in the original time line would be avoided. This opens the door for time-travel Kirk to show up.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 06:56:58 AM by stethacantus »

Soguru

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 04:43:28 PM »
Star Trek 3(or whatever it's called) is likely to be the last movie featuring this particular cast, so however this is going to be done, they need to send this alternate timeline out with glory and dignity. In other words, get Nick Meyer to write and direct and keep Orci and Kurtzman far away from this one. I say that even though I thoroughly enjoyed the last two Treks.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2014, 04:58:25 PM »
These movies have no dignity to start with, so sending it out with dignity is irrelevant.

Soguru

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 09:47:30 PM »
These movies have no dignity to start with, so sending it out with dignity is irrelevant.
Sigh... well, my point is now that JJ is probably not returning, Paramount could at least try to get someone worthy to fill his shoes. I'm not comfortable with those two doing all the heavy lifting. I don't care how damn good Kurtzman and Orci might be at answering studio notes, get someone in there who has serious talent to direct the thing properly... and ideally, write it properly too.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2014, 04:48:15 AM »
Abrams is not returning.  Roberto Orci is writing and directing this one.  Kurtzman is not going to be a part of it.  I agree though, these guys are terribly lazy writers, and for someone who is supposedly a "Star Trek purist" how did the Kobyashi Maru test get completely misunderstood?  It seems like they want to go back to the time travel well AGAIN, so I think the creativity in this Star Trek universe is gone.  I expect another mish-mash of random classic Star Trek moments lazily pasted together.