The Great Alaskan Mystery
4 (57.1%)
The Whispering Shadow
0 (0%)
Mystery Squadron
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: November 11, 2014, 06:35:49 AM

Author Topic: Group Project: Great Alaskan Mystery-Thread for participants, chapters available  (Read 16708 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
When you update the Wordpress page for chapter 4, can you edit our entry to say "QuipTracks" instead of "QuipTrax" at the bottom? I'm afraid people may think we're much more Xtreme than we really are. Gotta keep those expectations sensible, ya know?
I still find it funny that Rifftrax, the old guys in their 50s, are the ones that use the "extreme" spelling. And Quiptracks, the young guys in their 20s, use the traditional spelling.

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
I should probably post it here, too...there are issues with the HD copy upload (you won't miss much anyway, I'm just offering it for completists out there), but Chapter 4 is up and ready for viewing on Gumroad!
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline Quirk

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
  • Second Quirk, same as the first
    • QuipTracks
I think we should consider moving the release dates to every Friday or Saturday. Everybody's at work when these drop and they don't get any attention.
Travel back to a time when wenches were simple, ones were dark, and kings greeted you with a smile. IN THE NAME OF THE KING 2 NOW AVAILABLE from QuipTracks!

Offline mikelesq

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
    • toastandrice.com
When you update the Wordpress page for chapter 4, can you edit our entry to say "QuipTracks" instead of "QuipTrax" at the bottom? I'm afraid people may think we're much more Xtreme than we really are. Gotta keep those expectations sensible, ya know?

Done.  Sorry about that.

I think we should consider moving the release dates to every Friday or Saturday. Everybody's at work when these drop and they don't get any attention.

I think in previous group projects that we said Mondays to give everyone a full week to be the most recent iRiff, which obviously is no longer a concern.  Why don't we say that anything Friday or after is not early, and anything Monday or earlier is not late?

Offline mikelesq

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
    • toastandrice.com
The wordpress page is updated with the latest chapter:

Home Page:  https://thegreatalaskanmysteryriff.wordpress.com
Riff Page: https://thegreatalaskanmysteryriff.wordpress.com/chapter-4-by-one-man-band/

SJP, I linked to your iRiffs page for your information page.  Let me know if you'd rather link to something else (i.e., your main gumroad page, social media, etc.).

Offline SJP

• Liked:
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
Probably the spot I update the most is my Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/OneManBandRiffs/

So that should probably be linked to somewhere on that page.

Offline Steve-O

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked:
    • The Incomparable
We're at work on Chapter 5, but will probably not be ready in a week, since we got a late start. Carry on without us and we'll fill in the gap as soon as we can.

Offline SJP

• Liked:
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
I wouldn't worry about it too much...I will probably not be able to move up Chapter 6 to meet that deadline (there's a lot of editing that I'm guessing it will need the two weeks to do), but if I somehow pull it off, I will release in 5's slot next week and you can release it during 6.  Or I can just delay regardless.  It may give some extra time to fill in those last few chapters anyway.

Actually, while thinking about it...any thought of there being a 'supergroup' episode?  As in, those who can contribute thrown in about 10-15 gags apiece, and someone edits it together from all those different bits?  If it was a free one streaming online, it might be an interesting cap to the event.

Oh, one other thing, too, to add to the Wordpress page...one of my riffs (well, three, but there is a reason for two of them) is not included not my riffs page: The Asylum's Legion of the Dead.  I don't know why that one is left off, but it's been an issue for awhile.  Conan and Return of Chandu are not on there either, but that's a joint One Man Band/OneWallCinema venture and they have it covered, so that's not a problem, but Legion of the Dead can be found here.

FURTHER EDIT: Chapter 4 is now available in Dubiously Necessary HD!  Just as a note, if anyone is uploading a large file to Gumroad, be sure to do the following:
1. Turn off any ad-blockers.
2. Ensure Adobe Flash is up to date; I don't know if this is strictly necessary, but it just may help.
3. Do something that does not involve the internet for a bit; I swear, I have a good Internet connection, but the thing just didn't work while the HD copy was uploading.  Couldn't tell you why it hogs so much bandwidth.  Nothing I have ever uploaded has done the same.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 08:04:02 PM by SJP »

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked:
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
Re: Group Serial Project: The Great Alaskan Mystery! - Riffers Wanted!
« Reply #189 on: May 26, 2017, 04:16:18 AM »
Sorry I've been late replying.  A couple of answers:

1)  Post where you like.  Most of us sell on gumroad, but if you're building a streaming audience, feel free to post it to youtube.
2)  We're not big on rules, just guidelines.  If you want a graphic you can use, check out page 6 of this thread where I put a graphic together, but it's not mandatory.
3)  Please promote the riffs of other riffers (usually something at the end of the riff you did, in the graphic).  We used to link to the group iriff page (::grumble::), but I created this tinyurl back to this thread:  http://tinyurl.com/greatalaskanmysteryriffs

Here's where I think we stand SJP, mind taking Chapter 4 instead):
Chapter 1, Intrepid Asylum
Chapter 2, Drawback Productions
Chapter 3, Quiptracks
Chapter 4, One Man Band
Chapter 5, The Incomparable Podcast
Chapter 6, One Man Band
Chapter 7, OneWallCinema
Chapter 8, Team Swizzlebeef
Chapter 9, Unassigned
Chapter 10, Turkey Shoot
Chapter 11, Toast and Rice
Chapter 12, Toast and Rice
Chapter 13, RoninFox

Anybody want to take the last chapter?

Is this the final listing? I'm going to slap a list of who does what at the end of our episode. (Also who has Ch 9?)

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked:
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Sorry I've been late replying.  A couple of answers:

1)  Post where you like.  Most of us sell on gumroad, but if you're building a streaming audience, feel free to post it to youtube.
2)  We're not big on rules, just guidelines.  If you want a graphic you can use, check out page 6 of this thread where I put a graphic together, but it's not mandatory.
3)  Please promote the riffs of other riffers (usually something at the end of the riff you did, in the graphic).  We used to link to the group iriff page (::grumble::), but I created this tinyurl back to this thread:  http://tinyurl.com/greatalaskanmysteryriffs

Here's where I think we stand SJP, mind taking Chapter 4 instead):
Chapter 1, Intrepid Asylum
Chapter 2, Drawback Productions
Chapter 3, Quiptracks
Chapter 4, One Man Band
Chapter 5, The Incomparable Podcast
Chapter 6, One Man Band
Chapter 7, OneWallCinema
Chapter 8, Team Swizzlebeef
Chapter 9, Unassigned
Chapter 10, Turkey Shoot
Chapter 11, Toast and Rice
Chapter 12, Toast and Rice
Chapter 13, RoninFox

Anybody want to take the last chapter?

Is this the final listing? I'm going to slap a list of who does what at the end of our episode. (Also who has Ch 9?)

I had to pull out of chapter 13, so it's open again.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Quirk

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
  • Second Quirk, same as the first
    • QuipTracks
Sooo... what's happening with this week's episode?
Travel back to a time when wenches were simple, ones were dark, and kings greeted you with a smile. IN THE NAME OF THE KING 2 NOW AVAILABLE from QuipTracks!

Offline SJP

• Liked:
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
We're at work on Chapter 5, but will probably not be ready in a week, since we got a late start. Carry on without us and we'll fill in the gap as soon as we can.

I am working on Chapter 6 to get it done, but it probably won't be done on a Friday drop move-up time.  But then, I don't know if it's best to wait and release 6 after 5, or release it regardless of 5's status.

I don't think it matters either way, because neither of our riffs are relying directly on things the other is doing, but I figured people probably want to watch in order.

Offline Steve-O

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked:
    • The Incomparable
I would go ahead and keep releasing episodes.  We're still working on 5, but having some scheduling issues.  I doubt anybody is so invested in the complex plot of The Great Alaskan Mystery that they'll have a major problem with having to watch an episode out of order.

Offline SJP

• Liked:
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
Chapter 5 may have some time...I'm still trying to get 6 done for this deadline, but it may need an extra day or two, simply because it is one of the more complicated riffs I've ever done.  I think I could still make Monday at this rate, but I want to say Tuesday or Wednesday.  And I only hope it is worth all the effort I am putting in; if not, I have a lot of 'wraparound story' backpedaling to do...