Author Topic: SITE UPGRADE! iRiffs will be temporarily unavailable  (Read 13899 times)

Offline Quirk

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 260
  • Second Quirk, same as the first
    • QuipTracks
Re: SITE UPGRADE! iRiffs will be temporarily unavailable
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2014, 11:52:00 PM »
Meanwhile, there's a brand new VOD available at the completely functional QuipTracks.com.
Travel back to a time when wenches were simple, ones were dark, and kings greeted you with a smile. IN THE NAME OF THE KING 2 NOW AVAILABLE from QuipTracks!

Offline pezdrake

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2014, 10:32:36 PM »
Would it be ridiculous to ask when iRiffs will be back up?

Offline mr.b.natural

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 109
  • Mr.B you're hot!
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2014, 08:44:25 PM »
I never thought I'd say this but even I'm thinking we need our own site.  If for no other reason than for times like this when iRiffs are down.  If the past is any indication then it will be this time next year before the site is back up.  I don't mean to berate Erik.  I don't really blame him since running Rifftrax is a full-time job and running iRiffs would be a full-time job and he is only one person.  Rifftrax obviously must take priority and it would be unrealistic for us to expect an investment in iRiffs.

In the past I was worried that we would have trouble connecting with our audience but now it seems the shadow cast by MKB is too big anyway.  For example, before the downtime we were removed from the Rifftrax search engine because our work was confusing Rifftrax customers.  They were mistaking our work for official Rifftrax and demanding refunds.  We are cover bands playing in the parking lot of the sold out stadium and those willing to pay to listen to us are the same ones who would follow us to our own venue. 

The biggest problem, as I see it, is the fact that building and running the site would be a full-time job that requires a talented professional.  It's not just something someone can do in their spare time using templates.  If we did that we'd end up right where we are now with a mediocre service that is down for long periods of time.  I feel like if we want to do it we shouldn't half-ass it.  After all, Erik does some freelance web development work; we could just hire him freelance to finish iRiffs if we're just going to invest in a crummy site.  Otherwise we should go big and fancy while doing our own thing.       

Offline fireyf

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 145
  • Humans are superior!
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2014, 09:13:19 PM »
In the past I was worried that we would have trouble connecting with our audience but now it seems the shadow cast by MKB is too big anyway.  For example, before the downtime we were removed from the Rifftrax search engine because our work was confusing Rifftrax customers.  They were mistaking our work for official Rifftrax and demanding refunds.  We are cover bands playing in the parking lot of the sold out stadium and those willing to pay to listen to us are the same ones who would follow us to our own venue. 
The sad thing is that no matter what you do people will still be confused because, from my experience, most people are easily confused no matter how clear things are made.  In the store I work in people will constantly ask me where things are that are clearly marked on the signs, sometimes while they are in the aisle it's in and even when they are standing right in front of it looking at it.  They confuse non sale items for sale items even when the sale tag they saw is nowhere near the item they picked up.  Sometimes I just shake my head and wonder how the human race has survived as long as it has.  Frankly I would tell the people who mix up iRiffs with official Rifftrax that if they can't be bothered to pay the hell attention to what they're buying that's their problem and they aren't getting their money back.  Probably a good thing I'm not running the site.   :)
Anyways, there are at least a few people who want to see iRiffs back up based on the comments on the iRiff "under construction" page.

Offline mr.b.natural

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Mr.B you're hot!
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2014, 09:40:10 PM »
The sad thing is that no matter what you do people will still be confused because, from my experience, most people are easily confused no matter how clear things are made.  In the store I work in people will constantly ask me where things are that are clearly marked on the signs, sometimes while they are in the aisle it's in and even when they are standing right in front of it looking at it.  They confuse non sale items for sale items even when the sale tag they saw is nowhere near the item they picked up.  Sometimes I just shake my head and wonder how the human race has survived as long as it has.  Frankly I would tell the people who mix up iRiffs with official Rifftrax that if they can't be bothered to pay the hell attention to what they're buying that's their problem and they aren't getting their money back.  Probably a good thing I'm not running the site.   :)
Anyways, there are at least a few people who want to see iRiffs back up based on the comments on the iRiff "under construction" page.

I had similar experiences during my stint in retail.  I still have a hard time believing people would mistake iRiffs for Rifftrax  unless, maybe, they didn't know iRiffs existed.  People are crazy and don't pay attention. 

One of those comments is from one of my fans and I'm sure they would follow us to another site.

Offline mr.b.natural

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Mr.B you're hot!
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2014, 09:10:53 PM »
Meanwhile, there's a brand new VOD available at the completely functional QuipTracks.com.

Kudos on the site!  It's actually pretty spiffy.

Offline fireyf

• Big Montana
  • Humans are superior!
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2014, 04:14:29 PM »
All I want for Christmas is the iRiffs back.

Offline pezdrake

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2015, 05:24:27 PM »
All I want for Christmas is the iRiffs back.

Would you believe Valentines Day?

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4953
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2015, 07:44:59 PM »
I just got a positive feedback tweet from Torgospizza when I asked him about this on Twitter. So hopefully it will be soon.

Offline fireyf

• Big Montana
  • Humans are superior!
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2015, 06:10:38 PM »
I just got a positive feedback tweet from Torgospizza when I asked him about this on Twitter. So hopefully it will be soon.
Define soon.  Soon to me or soon to a 2,000 year old redwood?

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2015, 07:22:54 PM »
Here's the tweet:

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2015, 07:23:36 PM »
So I have no idea of the timing, but at least it is being actively worked on.

Offline fireyf

• Big Montana
  • Humans are superior!
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2015, 08:11:23 PM »
Its good news then!  I think I'll start working on a new banner.

Offline Quirk

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 260
  • Second Quirk, same as the first
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2015, 10:06:12 PM »
Its good news then!  I think I'll start working on a new banner.

Way ahead of you!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Travel back to a time when wenches were simple, ones were dark, and kings greeted you with a smile. IN THE NAME OF THE KING 2 NOW AVAILABLE from QuipTracks!