Author Topic: SITE UPGRADE! iRiffs will be temporarily unavailable  (Read 13261 times)

Offline wherethefishlives

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
  • Toddlers be trippin'!
Re: SITE UPGRADE! iRiffs will be temporarily unavailable
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2016, 05:34:36 PM »
...the combined sales can be counted on one hand.
I take that to mean you sold six, provided that you were the one who killed Mandy Patinkin's dad.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked:
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2016, 03:09:41 AM »
...the combined sales can be counted on one hand.
I take that to mean you sold six, provided that you were the one who killed Mandy Patinkin's dad.

Oh no! My secret is out! I had better watch my back!

Offline Droppo

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: June 28, 2016, 10:29:45 AM »
Guys, I can't seem to find where to submit an iRiff.  Am I just missing it or is it temporarily down?  Thanks!

Offline fireyf

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
  • Humans are superior!
« Reply #108 on: June 28, 2016, 10:54:52 AM »
Guys, I can't seem to find where to submit an iRiff.  Am I just missing it or is it temporarily down?  Thanks!

It's "temporarily" down.  I put that in quotes because the temporary part is looking more and more like permanent.

Offline latenet

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2016, 02:00:17 AM »

It's "temporarily" down.  I put that in quotes because the temporary part is looking more and more like permanent.

Yes, I'm not pleased with the situation. If they're going to shut the iRiffs down (or turn it into nothing more than an archive of the old ones), the decent thing to do would be to make an announcement. It isn't 100% certain that's what they have in mind, but come on. NO site takes over a year to "upgrade" a section.

It's very much like what happened to my group on the GoAnimate site, too. They announced that they were going to make "a few changes" on the site, and certain animation styles would go away. Then, the REAL truth became clear: Without warning they deleted each and EVERY animation set except for the deadly dull ones that were used for business presentations. AND they raised the minimum subscription price to $40 a month. Lastly, they deleted the forums, so none of the old users would be able to complain.

No class whatsoever.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked:
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2016, 07:23:52 AM »

Yes, I'm not pleased with the situation. If they're going to shut the iRiffs down (or turn it into nothing more than an archive of the old ones), the decent thing to do would be to make an announcement. It isn't 100% certain that's what they have in mind, but come on. NO site takes over a year to "upgrade" a section.

It's very much like what happened to my group on the GoAnimate site, too. They announced that they were going to make "a few changes" on the site, and certain animation styles would go away. Then, the REAL truth became clear: Without warning they deleted each and EVERY animation set except for the deadly dull ones that were used for business presentations. AND they raised the minimum subscription price to $40 a month. Lastly, they deleted the forums, so none of the old users would be able to complain.

No class whatsoever.

We had messed around with using them to add animation for our VOD's but the price is what kept me from doing it.  (We even had done testing with using the animation as the shadowrama with green screen)

Offline the amazing zero

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: December 27, 2016, 02:47:36 PM »
I'm actualy kind of curious to what's going on as well.
i'll survive... even if it kills me... lol

Offline the amazing zero

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: December 27, 2016, 03:03:54 PM »
also has anyone got paid... because I haven't in a while.

Offline the amazing zero

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: December 27, 2016, 03:24:08 PM »
btw I think they are working and changing things now.. I've noticed that the  pictures for the iriff movies are down for each movie.