Author Topic: What smartphone do you use?  (Read 5048 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6637
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: What smartphone do you use?
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2020, 03:52:21 PM »
I have an Samsung Galaxy s8 and it is getting a bit old. It only holds a charge for a day if I'm lucky and it has occasionally lost connection with the SIM card so it has to be restarted.
I had no idea there were so many different versions of the Samsung Galaxy now. A bunch of S20s and now a bunch of A numbers too? Does anyone know the difference between all the different ones?

Look up videos on how to replace the battery, I've replaced the batt on my S7 3 times now.  If you can use a screwdriver you can probably replace the battery.  Kits that have a new batt and all the tools you need are pretty cheap.  You do have to pry off the back, so getting a replacement back and possibly the glass camera cover is a good idea in case they break while removing them.

I've been looking at getting a new one but can't see spending that much when the S7 still does what I need just fine, the knockoff replacement batts only seem to last about a year, but $25 is a lot less than a new phone.
That's an interesting idea. But what about the occasional losing SIM card connection issue? So far it hasn't been a big deal, but I'm concerned it will get worse.

It may simply have a bad contact.  Taking it out and putting it back in may be enough to clean the contacts and stop it.  If it's a bad internal connection caused by a drop then it may get worse over time. 

FYI: SIM cards are really slow compared to other memory cards, so it sometimes takes a phone minutes to read the SIM after you put it in.
Thanks

Offline YouCantBuyStatus

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
    • https://topspyingapps.com/read-husbands-messages-without-touching-his-phone/
Re: What smartphone do you use?
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2021, 07:11:31 AM »
using xperia 10+
Great experience but battery is too weak.