Author Topic: Sabbath Bloody Sabbath....  (Read 720 times)

Offline RandyMistie

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 124
  • Hello!
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath....
« on: September 01, 2014, 03:35:47 PM »
Such an uplifting album. In the song "National Acrobat" it is the Devil talking, and he says, "I know what it means to be believed..."

And that is a huge responsibility! When I was young I used to know what it meant to be believed. Now, I do NOT want to be believed. I had some followers... a little cult, as it were... I was a reverend/minister in many churches.

Don't believe anything I say.... I am not a teacher... I have no truth, there is no truth...

"And what is truth, is truth unchanging law? We both have truths, aren't mine the same as yours?"

That answer is no. There is an ancient Zen Koan that states, "There is only one Truth in the Universe, and that is, there is no Truth..."
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Offline RandyMistie

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 124
  • Hello!
Re: Sabbath Bloody Sabbath....
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 04:11:44 PM »
This should be in the music thread, I'm sorry.

By the gods, I love "National Acrobat" it's like the Devil is speaking directly to me. Most folks wouldn't think that was a desirable thing, but I would.

This apparent biblical "god" is always talking and sending contracts... he won't shut up... as far as we know, The Devil never gave His side of the story. He never wrote a book. As far as we know...

History is always written by the winners...

Rev. Randy!
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...