login

Author Topic: The Stephen Hawkings BIO-PIC...  (Read 1419 times)

Offline RandyMistie

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 124
  • Hello!
The Stephen Hawkings BIO-PIC...
« on: August 11, 2014, 02:41:35 AM »
I saw a preview of a drama based on Stephen Hawking's life. It will be called the "Theory of Everything" even as he and Einstein could never accomplish the Theory of Everything... But I have confidence in Stephen's work on this.

Anyways, the movie looks good. Excellent casting. Beautiful direction. But I have a huge problem with Hollywood making it a LOVE story. That is not the focus of Stephen Hawking's life. His first wife left him. His second wife abused him.

Frankly, why is that woman not in a pillory in London Square? How evil do you have to be to slap an invalid in a wheelchair?!

The focus of his life should be his gigantic brain, his exquisite formulae and the fact that his doctors gave him two years to live... 30 years ago! Also his excellent sense of humour, he loves The Simpsons and he loves Star Trek...

You know they have much better voice simulators now-a-days but, he keeps that tremulous voice modulator because it has become his trademark voice.

I will see this movie because I am gay for Stephen Hawking, but every time the woman playing his first wife says, "I will always love you, and we will see this through... together..." I will hiss and boo.

I'm jus' sayin'....

Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6332
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: The Stephen Hawkings BIO-PIC...
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 06:12:04 AM »
I completely agree, making the love story the central focus is a HUGE mistake. Who plays Hawking in it?

Offline RandyMistie

• Hello!
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 06:32:26 AM »
A young actor, I recognize him but don't know his name... It looks like he does a great job, I see an Oscar[tm] nomination.

The scene I liked was when he was finally chair-ridden and incapable of speech, so they do the computer voice thingy for him, his wife says to the doctors, "It's an American accent..." the doctor responds "Is that a problem?"

Funny. Although, she is a bitch. Swore her love for him and then, when it became apparent that she may have to change his diapers, she bolted.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 07:41:49 AM »
 :angry: :grr:   I love Stephen Hawking, but I hate Hollywood.  Apart from his brain, Stephen Hawking's story is the ultimate story of overcoming a handicap. Very inspiring.

I'll probably have to skip this film, because of the Hollywood treatment.   I did, however, go see "A Brief History of Time"  in the theater!
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline RandyMistie

• Hello!
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 07:59:42 AM »
"A Brief History of Time" was a piece of genius... A stellar thesis, I've read most of his stuff... even the stuff I didn't understand was sublime. I mean, he is a great mind far above what I could comprehend, but his writing is still accessible to a retard like myself.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 08:19:46 AM »
"A Brief History of Time" was a piece of genius... A stellar thesis, I've read most of his stuff... even the stuff I didn't understand was sublime. I mean, he is a great mind far above what I could comprehend, but his writing is still accessible to a retard like myself.

I agree!  He could make it understandable and interesting to a lay person.  There was an "A Brief History of Time"  interactive CD.  That was also interesting, and actually fun!

Don't know if you are aware of this, but Stephen Hawking was on the Monty Python farewell show.  His bit was filmed (but he was live in the audience).  It was possibly the funniest part of the entire show.  The crowd was roaring with laughter.   When the camera showed him in the audience, his assistant had to hold up his hand (to acknowledge the applause) but he had a huge grin on his face.  He's great!
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline RandyMistie

• Hello!
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 08:45:41 AM »
I did not see that! But I will look for it! I love Hawking AND Monty Python!

Just what I was saying, a great sense of humour... He is a great man, as you said, Miku, because with his infirmities you would think he would give up on life, or be a cynical bastard like me, but he didn't. He continues to create and inspire, and his relationships are the absolute least and most uninteresting part of his life. And really, none of anyone's business.

But, I suppose he had to approve it... I'm sure a Hollywood movie was kind of beneath his notice, though.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 09:47:40 AM »
Cumberbatch played Hawking in a made-for-tv BBC thing a few years ago that was quite good.

Do you know what it was called? I'd be interested in seeing it.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 09:49:24 AM »
I did not see that! But I will look for it! I love Hawking AND Monty Python!

Just what I was saying, a great sense of humour... He is a great man, as you said, Miku, because with his infirmities you would think he would give up on life, or be a cynical bastard like me, but he didn't. He continues to create and inspire, and his relationships are the absolute least and most uninteresting part of his life. And really, none of anyone's business.

But, I suppose he had to approve it... I'm sure a Hollywood movie was kind of beneath his notice, though.

the DVD is scheduled to be released in November!
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 10:48:55 AM »
Shouldn't this go in the movies board?