login

Author Topic: What Did We Grok?  (Read 1349 times)

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
What Did We Grok?
« on: August 04, 2014, 04:21:00 PM »

I learned that due to some apparent flaw in Martian physiology, a fluid and/or gas must be transferred from one part of their head to another part of their head. As the children do not possess these modifications, one can only assume the defect is onset at puberty.

Offline Lunquewill

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 16
Re: What Did We Grok?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 05:52:20 PM »
Seeing that these Martians are using flexible tubing as used for natural gas fittings for things like ovens, it must be gas. I also thought the reversed crash helmets were quite kid-like.

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 91
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 04:36:38 PM »
I learned that Santa doesn't so much CONQUER the Martians as much as he befriends and helps them.

Maybe those words just meant something different back in the early 60s. Like how all the news stories and propaganda films of the time played on the fear that any day now, the Russians were gonna "befriend and help" us with their H-bombs. I always thought that was a strange thing to say, but thanks to this movie, I think I finally understand.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5707
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 05:12:31 PM »
I learned that Santa doesn't so much CONQUER the Martians as much as he befriends and helps them.
He doesn't seem bothered by the fact HE'S BEEN KIDNAPPED. And since they do establish he has magic powers, he probably could escape easily. Must be the fastest case of Stockholm Syndrome ever.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 466
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 05:32:47 PM »
Well, "conquer" doesn't so much have to mean "overpower and rule all!"  He DID conquer them.  With love, understanding, and opening their minds from their silly Martian ways.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5707
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 07:52:08 AM »
Apparently Winky the elf had already met (or at least seen) Martians before. In order to be able to make a doll that accurate.

I learned that there originally was a reindeer named Nixon. Must have been some sort of scandal they tried to cover up...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 07:54:03 AM by Darth Geek »