login

Author Topic: Better Call Saul  (Read 6635 times)

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
Re: Better Call Saul
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2015, 06:01:21 AM »
I'm doing this backwards, as I got burned out on Breaking Bad after marathon DVD viewings and gave up about midway through S2. I still plan on going back on watching the entire series, as more than a few people have told me that S3 is when things really hit their stride... So I'm blissfully ignorant of any significant BB characters waltzing through the Saul shows.

Just finished off the last three eps on the DVR and I really liked the first season... even if I thought it started off strong and then limped a bit to the finish line, but looking forward to the next season where it appears obvious that his Slippin Jimmy con act is going to heavily influence his lawyerin'... and the retired cop / parking attendant / criminal for hire guy always had interesting subplots when he was used... I can only assume he is one of the BB characters of which I am blissfully unaware.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1085
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2015, 07:32:29 AM »
That's a very interesting way to go about it. There's a lot of subtext you're missing with Mike. But it'll be cool to watch his story in a more linear fashion.

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2015, 10:53:08 AM »
I've always liked Odenkirk, which is why I decided to watch Better Off Saul right away instead of waiting for however long it would take me to eventually power through BB on demand.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 281
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2015, 11:15:30 AM »
Tuco Salamanca is from season 1 of BB.

Online Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked: 3808
  • Now you're playing with power!
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2016, 09:35:16 AM »
Who watch the season premiere of Better Call Saul.  This show is the friggin' best: even when so little is happening, so much is happening.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3144
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2016, 10:45:58 AM »
Geez.  I didn't realize it was back yet.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 699
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2016, 05:36:29 PM »
Who watch the season premiere of Better Call Saul.  This show is the friggin' best: even when so little is happening, so much is happening.

Just watched it last night!! So good!
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2016, 04:09:50 PM »

Just watched it last night!! So good!

My opinions as well.  I really liked the book ending of the episode.  Showed in a very visual way how the character has changed over the years.

Online Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2016, 07:46:50 AM »
This last one continues the streak of being fantastic.  The opening with Chuck is great in that there's a lot of tension even though if you know the characters you know nothing is going to happen.  But man, you know things being twisting and turning in Chuck's head when he finds out where Jimmy is.

Offline Parker_Hylton

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2016, 12:53:06 PM »
A&E online is pretty smooth downloading for me, so if you miss an episode or two of season two (or it comes on too late for us early morning workers) you can watch it.  They only go back 4 episodes or so though, so you can't really watch the whole season.

Online Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2016, 04:09:22 AM »
Man this show has been killing it with every montage.  The inflatable tube man from a couple episodes back was fantastic.  The forging one from the last episode was good too.  Only two episodes left.  Man, you know things are going to go bad by the season's end (or maybe in the penultimate episode).  I'm very curious to see how the other shoe drops.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2016, 11:03:47 AM »
Man this show has been killing it with every montage.  The inflatable tube man from a couple episodes back was fantastic.  The forging one from the last episode was good too.  Only two episodes left.  Man, you know things are going to go bad by the season's end (or maybe in the penultimate episode).  I'm very curious to see how the other shoe drops.

I'm really hoping we get to see how Mike and Gus meet. Maybe not until next season, but I'd love to see Gus back on the show.

Online Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2016, 10:24:31 PM »
Well, did you hear about the episode title theory for this season?

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2298
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2016, 05:32:19 AM »
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Online Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales