login

Author Topic: Baha'i comment  (Read 1091 times)

Offline rex dart eskimo spy

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 1
Baha'i comment
« on: July 23, 2014, 12:33:22 PM »
Hi guys, just wanted to say that the comment just before the 12 minute mark "Christianity? I'm sorry but as a Baha'i, I just find that funny." is not actually representative of Baha'i beliefs about Christianity. I am a Baha'i and I just wanted to say that we believe Jesus was a Messenger of God and respect and honor his teachings. We do acknowledge that the religion (as well as all other religions) became corrupted over time, but we believe that this corruption is due to the free will of power-seeking individuals who abuse their influence and enable their followers, family, and/or peers to blindly follow man-made dogmatic and superstitious beliefs, which have little to do with the example Jesus set or the teachings he brought to humanity.

Also, we do not endorse the groping that happened.   :)

That's all I had to say. I'm cool with Baha'i jokes as long as they're grounded in some truth.  I don't want people to get the wrong idea of what a Baha'i is. Thanks for listening. I LOVE Rifftrax and have been a member for over 7 years, having purchased almost all of the VODs! Keep 'em coming!

Lauren
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 12:39:44 PM by rex dart eskimo spy »