login

Author Topic: RT Live!: Sharknado - Discussion  (Read 21015 times)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1527
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
Re: RT Live!: Sharknado - Discussion
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2014, 10:13:22 AM »
The, "You know what, just keep her." Taken slide got a good reaction from my audience.

Shoot. Missed that one.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 475
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2014, 11:23:25 AM »
The, "You know what, just keep her." Taken slide got a good reaction from my audience.

Shoot. Missed that one.

Yeah, it was something like:

"Movie Quotes: "I have certain set of skills... You know what, this time why don't you keep her?" - Liam Neeson - Taken 4."

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 628
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2014, 12:53:38 PM »
Our theater was like 90% full. Our group of friends who goes to these is growing too (like 10 people now), so that was great. Only sound issues were that it was a bit too loud in the beginning. And as much as everyone has said about the slow beginning, I'd like to mention that the final act of the movie had our audience dying with laughter, a huge reason being the ridiculousness of the movie itself but also the excellent riffing. Just about all the slides got great reactions tho my favorite (the Edgar Wright one) was sadly not as well received as most. Not a lot of Marvel fans perhaps? Anyway, great job, guys! See ya in August!!

Mike seemed fine to me, but where was his ring? That was kind of freaky. (If that's too personal a remark, I apologize. It was just weird. We're so used to that ring, it was almost like seeing him walk out without his pants.)
I actually came here to ask this very question (my wife & I both having Claddagh rings). Erik posted a pic from the night before the show with Mike & Bridget together (Mike's ring still missing), so that's a good sign, I suppose. I, too, hope this isn't getting too personal. FWIW, this comes from a place of genuine concern.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 12:59:42 PM by stansimpson »

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2014, 03:59:04 PM »
Our theater was like 90% full. Our group of friends who goes to these is growing too (like 10 people now), so that was great. Only sound issues were that it was a bit too loud in the beginning. And as much as everyone has said about the slow beginning, I'd like to mention that the final act of the movie had our audience dying with laughter, a huge reason being the ridiculousness of the movie itself but also the excellent riffing. Just about all the slides got great reactions tho my favorite (the Edgar Wright one) was sadly not as well received as most. Not a lot of Marvel fans perhaps? Anyway, great job, guys! See ya in August!!

Mike seemed fine to me, but where was his ring? That was kind of freaky. (If that's too personal a remark, I apologize. It was just weird. We're so used to that ring, it was almost like seeing him walk out without his pants.)
I actually came here to ask this very question (my wife & I both having Claddagh rings). Erik posted a pic from the night before the show with Mike & Bridget together (Mike's ring still missing), so that's a good sign, I suppose. I, too, hope this isn't getting too personal. FWIW, this comes from a place of genuine concern.

Maybe his finger swells up in summer like mine does?

I actually bought an inexpensive wedding ring so I could get 2 sizes for this exact reason. A summer ring and a winter ring.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Online MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 857
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2014, 04:19:53 PM »
What were the digital goodies?  I typed what I thought Mike said to type, and all I see are three versions of the same clip, from shark attack 3.  Nothing else. Am  I missing anything?

That's what I got when I typed in what I thought was the code.  Guess I'm missing something too.

http://www.rifftrax.com/chomp

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2014, 07:18:04 PM »
I actually bought an inexpensive wedding ring so I could get 2 sizes for this exact reason. A summer ring and a winter ring.

Now you just need one to rule them all.
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6694
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2014, 07:47:10 PM »

Now you just need one to rule them all.
That's the one on her finger.

Offline KidFlash

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 173
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2014, 09:22:06 PM »
My parents are going on 38 years, and Dad hasn't worn his ring in decades because his hand swells too (also, he's a mechanic, so that doesn't help either).

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 475
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2014, 09:40:05 PM »
Could just be a personal choice thing for whatever reasons.  My brother never wears his wedding band, mostly in a work-safety manner considering it'd post a great hazard to him.  Who's going to the encore showing tomorrow night?

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2607
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2014, 04:09:35 AM »
Got my ticket.  We missed the live show since Erica was working and we wanted to see if she could make it tonight instead.  She can't, working again, but I just can't stay away.  If its good, hopefully there will be another encore in the future, or maybe a vod release. 
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2014, 09:59:07 AM »
With more and more of the live shows being bigger budget "Never going to be out on VOD" shows, I would LOVE if they offered an mp3 version of the live show.  (Just the riffers & crowd mics, not the movie audio.)  I would gladly pay an extra buck for it over a studio version.

I wonder if this would be possible?
1) This shouldn't violate film rights, correct? Unless they stipulated something in the contract they signed to not offer the performance in any audio or video form.
2) There were no pauses during the film, so we should be able to sync it with the Sharknado DVD or BD without too much difficulty

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2607
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2014, 10:11:29 AM »
It might be a challenge to get a clean audio track without any movie audio bleeding through their mics.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1527
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2014, 11:05:20 AM »
It might be a challenge to get a clean audio track without any movie audio bleeding through their mics.

True. It would depend on the positioning of the theaters speakers or any monitors they had.  But I'll settle for a slightly less than clean audio track to get the live version.  Wouldn't have been as bad for this one as it was for Starship Troopers where the mix was bad & everything was so freaking loud.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2014, 12:04:38 PM »
I received a "I survived Sharknado" T-shirt in the mail yesterday.  My sister in Nashville bought it somewhere.   I am thinking of wearing it to next month's meet and greet in Nashville.   On the other hand, it's a Sharknado T-shirt.  Do I want to wear it anywhere?   
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6694
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2014, 01:21:27 PM »
I received a "I survived Sharknado" T-shirt in the mail yesterday.  My sister in Nashville bought it somewhere.   I am thinking of wearing it to next month's meet and greet in Nashville.   On the other hand, it's a Sharknado T-shirt.  Do I want to wear it anywhere?
Probably not the beach...