login

Author Topic: The Wire  (Read 520 times)

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
The Wire
« on: July 09, 2014, 11:07:23 AM »
So I keep hearing the greatest show ever made is Breaking Bad.  Which I find massively overrated.  The second best show everyone seems to think is The Wire.  I watched the first episode, and it took some effort.  The show is fucking dull, worse than Encounter at Farpoint.  And I think Star Trek TNG is actually one of the greatest shows ever made.  So when does The Wire turn into the greatest show ever made?  Or is it massively over rated also?   What are thoughts on the subject, mindless television zombies?

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
Re: The Wire
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 12:31:17 PM »
I loved The Wire but found it uneven overall. I didn't like the first season, thought it was pretty boring. The second season picks up and is maybe one of my most favorite seasons of tv ever. Third and fourth seasons are pretty good, too. Fifth is a clunker.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 12:33:08 PM »
Also the greatest show ever made is Mystery Science Theater 3000. I mean come on.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

jonalame

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 01:16:37 PM »
 In the future, read "greatest show ever made" as "subjectively sentimentally attached". (MST3K IS the greatest show ever made.)

I am actually considering starting this show as well because a lot of people have been recommending it and it comes up in a Two Kyle's episode.  ;D

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 09:35:52 AM »
The Wire is one of my favorite shows.

And I am still amazed the number of Brits who ended up playing east coast characters like that.