login

Author Topic: Pacific Rim: Uprising (2018)  (Read 13072 times)

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
Re: Pacific Rim 2 (2017)
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2014, 08:44:06 PM »
Well, its not 221 million in profit.  There are marketing costs, which could be upwards of 75 million.  Not to mention not all of the gross goes to the studio, and they get a smaller percentage from the foreign market.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2014, 11:03:31 AM »
Cinemas take a cut too of course.

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 623
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2015, 03:22:42 PM »
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff Super Monsters
Re: Pacific Rim 2 : The Quest for Shoe (2017)
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2015, 08:14:38 AM »
Universal's Monster Movies Get Delayed
Guillermo del Toro's 'Pacific Rim 2' also is being pushed back, while the studio gives a winter berth to Tom Cruise drama 'Mena.
Quote from: Borys Kit & Pamela McClintock
The Mummy, the movie that was meant to kick off Universal’s new monster universe, has been pushed back from June 24, 2016 to March 24, 2017.

The move has created a ripple effect, as the studio's second monster movie, an untitled project, was to have opened April 21, 2017, but now is slotted for March 30, 2018.

Among other changes announced following the presentation: Universal also is pushing back Guillermo del Toro’s Pacific Rim 2 from April 7, 2017, to August 4 of that year, while Warcraft has been moved from March 11, 2016, to June 10, 2016.

Universal already had a type of monster movie slated to open in March 2017: its launch of a King Kong franchise. Kong: Skull Island is due out March 10, 2017. Already opening on March 17, 2017, is Disney’s live-action Beauty and the Beast.

Darn it!

Oh, well. At least it gives King Kong time to breath without another giant monster film opening one month after. And it means kaiju will effectively bookend summer '17.

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2015, 08:29:20 AM »
‘Pacific Rim 2’: Guillermo del Toro Wants ‘Game of Thrones’ Actress for Sequel

Guillermo del Toro on Crimson Peak, Pacific Rim 2 and more
Quote from: Don Kaye
Let’s address this Pacific Rim 2 situation.

The movie needed to move -- they decided to move it because we wanted to present our final draft of the script and our final approach to the budget, which needs to hit a number to make the movie financially smart. And I needed to find a way to make the movie bigger than the first one for less money than the first one. So we did a lot of R&D and learned a lot of tricks and what works and what doesn’t on the first one. We are applying all that. And then we'll turn in a new screenplay, a new budget, and then they’ll decide.

I’ll probably do another movie in the meantime between this and Pacific Rim, a small movie that I want to do. But Pacific Rim is not yet dead. It may be. Deciding that is out of my hands. But so far, no.
Guillermo Del Toro Q&A: On What Haunts Him ... And Trump
Quote from: Mike Fleming Jr
DEADLINE: You shuttered your Pacific Rim 2 production offices with a promise to keep developing. Second installments are often pricier, but you’ve told me the sequel will be less expensive. How much so?
DEL TORO:
I can safely think we will be almost a quarter down, 20 to 25 percent lower than the first movie because of a very unique pipeline we established with ILM on the first movie. We learned a lot. Not much was made about the incredibly linear and lean way we handled the effects with ILM’s John Knoll, who stuck his neck out for us. We proved the model we created could work, that you could make a movie in that scope and not end up $20 million over budget on VFX. Now we are capable of implementing that model in a more extreme way. It was a big learning curve to do that movie and now we can apply it. As for when that happens, that is entirely above my pay grade. I delivered the budget and we are waiting for Jon Spaihts to deliver the new draft that we did together. Then they will decide if they greenlight it or not.

Exclusive: Talking 'Crimson Peak' With Guillermo del Toro
Quote from: Kellvin Chavez
What is it that you're going to do next after this and would you do another Spanish film?

Guillermo del Toro:
I'm going to probably ... Pacific Rim is going to push at least seven months. I have time to do another little movie in between, and I'm going to probably take the advantage and do it. Then if everything goes well and they green light Pacific Rim I'll do it. It's three weeks from now we're turning in the budget and the script, and then the studio needs to decide if they want to do it or not.

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2016, 06:24:34 PM »
‘Spartacus’ Creator Steven S. DeKnight To Direct ‘Pacific Rim 2’
Quote from: Mike Fleming Jr
EXCLUSIVE: Legendary Pictures has set Steven S. DeKnight to direct Pacific Rim 2, the follow-up to Guillermo del Toro and Travis Beacham’s epic 2013 action-adventure film. The current script was written by Jon Spaihts based on characters created by Beacham and del Toro. Thomas Tull, Jon Jashni, del Toro and Mary Parent are producing and Jillian Share will be executive producer. Universal Pictures will release the film worldwide in 3D. Del Toro’s 2013 film grossed $411 million worldwide. About 75 percent of that came from overseas, and it was a big hit in China, where it was worth $111 million.

Pacific Rim 2 marks DeKnight’s feature directorial debut. He most recently served as executive producer and head writer of Marvel’s Daredevil for Netflix. DeKnight created the international hit series Spartacus for Starz and has written, directed and produced on such television series as Joss Whedon’s Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Angel and Dollhouse, as well as Smallville.

Spaihts recently scripted Prometheus with Damon Lindelof. Both DeKnight and Spaihts are repped by CAA, and the scribe is managed by Circle of Confusion. It’s another big-scale film on the Legendary slate, which has Warcraft opening June 10 and The Great Wall bowing February 17, 2017.

China's Wanda to Announce "Major Deal" This Week, Says Chairman Wang
The billionaire business leader's remarks have sparked speculation that Wanda could be the minority buyer of Paramount Viacom is courting.
Quote from:  Patrick Brzeski
In January, Wanda finalized its acquisition of Thomas Tull's Legendary Entertainment. The deal marked the first time that a movie studio capable of producing big-budget global blockbusters — Legendary has been involved in such hits as Godzilla, Inception, Jurassic World and Pacific Rim — has come under Chinese ownership. At its year-end meeting, Wanda said it plans to make five major acquisitions in 2016, at least three of which will be outside China.

Wang, one of China's richest individuals with an estimated fortune of $32.7 billion, has expressed interest in buying a major Hollywood studio on numerous occasions in the past. He previously held discussions with both Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer and Lionsgate, but neither of the negotiations came to fruition.

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff Super Monsters
Re: Pacific Rim 2 : The Quest for Shoe (???)
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2016, 09:45:06 PM »
GDT's twitter account an hour ago:

Movement in the breach- stay tuned...

perhaps something for comic con

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5903
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: Pacific Rim 2 : The Quest for Shoe (???)
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2016, 05:42:34 PM »
http://io9.gizmodo.com/john-boyega-will-star-in-pacific-rim-2-1780801324

The Force Awakens and Attack the Block star John Boyega will lead the cast of Pacific Rim 2.

Boyega will be playing the lead role, currently unnamed but definitely the son of Stacker Pentecost, Idris Elba’s character from the first film.

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff Super Monsters
Re: Pacific Rim: Maelstrom (2018)
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2016, 08:36:59 PM »
and after all of this will they ever find that dam shoe?

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 582
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2016, 06:15:15 PM »
I hope it's better than the first. Idris Elba was the best part about the original, imho.

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2016, 05:34:37 PM »

Offline PsychoGoatee

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 140
  • We are the road crew!
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2016, 09:05:28 PM »
I can dig it. Gotta have Perlman back too of course. (tangentially related, just listened to a great interview with Ron on Marc Maron's podcast)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2016, 09:15:48 PM »
I can dig it. Gotta have Perlman back too of course. (tangentially related, just listened to a great interview with Ron on Marc Maron's podcast)
Hell yeah! PACIFIC RIM 2: SEARCH FOR THE SHOE

Offline PsychoGoatee

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 140
  • We are the road crew!
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2016, 09:20:02 PM »
 ;D yes!!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2016, 11:21:34 AM »
I do wish that in the Sharknado riff, when Ziering has cut himself out of the shark's belly that they had riffed "Where's my god damn SHOE?!"