login

Author Topic: Pacific Rim: Uprising (2018)  (Read 8973 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4952
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: Pacific Rim 2 (2017)
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2014, 09:39:02 PM »
I'm hoping that the sequel does better, now that the title is a recognizable franchise.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2051
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2014, 05:26:43 AM »
I think it will do about the same.  WB will lose interest in it and it will go direct to video after that. 

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline KidFlash

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 173
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2014, 05:49:14 AM »
WB's already lost interest - they gave up distribution to Universal. But that's because PR's production company, Legendary Pictures, left WB for Universal last summer and WB got rid of all their Legendary projects.

Universal, it seems, is all in on the GDT/Legendary business.

If Crimson Peak (GDT's next, out in October 2015) and Pacific Rim 2: More Kaiju are hits, it's not too far-fetched to imagine GDT being given the reins of the Universal Monsters.

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 564
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2014, 09:51:45 AM »
Academy Days by henry88 aka  Ghost of Criswell
https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3299939/1/Academy-Days mind dropping a review or perhaps sharing some ideas via pm

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2014, 03:46:29 PM »
Aaaaand tweeted to Ron Perlman.

Too bad Tumbler makes it impossible to find out who did it.

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2014, 03:55:21 PM »
WB's already lost interest - they gave up distribution to Universal. But that's because PR's production company, Legendary Pictures, left WB for Universal last summer and WB got rid of all their Legendary projects.

Universal, it seems, is all in on the GDT/Legendary business.

If Crimson Peak (GDT's next, out in October 2015) and Pacific Rim 2: More Kaiju are hits, it's not too far-fetched to imagine GDT being given the reins of the Universal Monsters.

That's a pretty big if, though. At least in terms of them being hits, which is something GDT movies always struggle with. Luckily there are still other ways to get clout, even if he'll have to struggle for every bit of it.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2014, 04:25:50 PM »
Aaaaand tweeted to Ron Perlman.

Too bad Tumbler makes it impossible to find out who did it.
Damn! That blew up my Twitter. I'm not used to getting so many responses.

Offline KidFlash

• Big Montana
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2014, 08:02:27 AM »
That's a pretty big if, though. At least in terms of them being hits, which is something GDT movies always struggle with. Luckily there are still other ways to get clout, even if he'll have to struggle for every bit of it.

Right. He's won Oscars (cache), and played nice with the studios (so he'll listen), which means there are still people interested in doing business with him. I mean, the only reason there's still a Pacific Rim franchise to consider is because the head of Legendary is a huge geek to begin with and loves GDT. Someone who's more bottom line-orientated would've weighed the cost/return ratio and politely told GDT to concentrate on less expensive comics and cartoons.

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2014, 03:03:32 PM »
https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3299939/1/Academy-Days mind dropping a review or perhaps sharing some ideas via pm

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2014, 06:10:35 PM »
They're making a sequel to Hansel & Gretal? I really enjoyed that movie.

Offline KidFlash

• Big Montana
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2014, 07:40:38 PM »
Same deal as Pacific Rim: mediocre North American grosses, solid to successful worldwide.

It's probably going to happen more often as the importance of worldwide box office grows.

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2014, 10:37:35 AM »
Guillermo Del Toro on ‘Pacific Rim 2,’ ‘At the Mountains of Madness’ and More
http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/07/03/guillermo-del-toro-on-pacific-rim-2-at-the-mountains-of-madness-and-more/

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2014, 08:14:40 PM »
REALLY glad to see At The Mountains of Madness isn't dead!

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2014, 04:56:21 PM »
Doesn't Marvel own the phrase: Super Hero?

Exclusive: Guillermo del Toro Says He’s Shooting a Small, Black and White Film Before PACIFIC RIM 2; John Hurt May Star
Quote from: Adam Chitwood
While del Toro is planning on starting pre-production on Pacific Rim 2 later this year, he told us that he’s actually scheduled a brief hiatus in which he will shoot a much smaller movie:
“Right away, in February/March I should [start on] another very small movie, black and white, really, really bizarre before starting—we start pre-production on Pacific Rim 2 in August, and then I interrupt it briefly to go into the first of next year to do this strange little movie, and then I restart it and go all the way until we start shooting Pacific Rim 2 at the end of 2015 for release in 2017.”
Del Toro was reluctant to reveal too much about the project, but he did say he already has cast in mind:
“It’s a very small cast.  I would love to have John Hurt, and there’s an actress that I have in mind that is not well-known but I’ve seen her in a short film.  That’s all she’s really done, one feature and one short, but she has an incredibly interesting taste and I’m gonna try her out for the main role.”
When asked whether or not this new film fits into his previous filmography, he offered this brief, tantalizing tease:
“There’s one great creature in it.”
Del Toro confirmed that the project does have a title, but he’d rather the finished film speak for itself instead of divulging too much beforehand:
“It does [have a title], but I find—I’d rather do the projects and then show them to people than talk about them.  I think that it’s going to be a nice thing for people to know which one is it and where it came from when it’s a reality.”

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1219
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2014, 01:46:12 AM »
REALLY glad to see At The Mountains of Madness isn't dead!

As long as it's under an hour and a half?   :P
Scottotd on Instagram or @Scottotd on the Tweety :)

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)