login

Author Topic: The Sinister Six (2016)  (Read 5359 times)

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
Re: The Sinister Six (2016)
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2014, 08:38:50 AM »
I think that would be confusing to the general audience.  If Spider-Man shows up to fight the S6 and then just leaves, people will wonder what's going on and why we are with these guys and not with Spider-Man.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Soguru

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2014, 05:13:47 PM »
Maybe they'll have the mutant Spiderman with more limbs, and Dr Octopus will say "Stay Back, he's armed!"

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5897
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2014, 06:37:32 PM »
Maybe they'll have the mutant Spiderman with more limbs, and Dr Octopus will say "Stay Back, he's armed!"
I'm going to start slapping you now and I may never stop.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2014, 06:52:54 PM »

Oc has 8 arms also, would that make it a super mexican standoff?

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2014, 09:21:40 PM »
It depends on how long the movie is.  If its only 20 minutes, yeah, that would be fine.
Unfortunately it will probably be 2+ hours. Because apparently NOBODY in Hollywood remembers how to make a 90 minute movie anymore!

Dangnabbit!  ::)
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 623
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2014, 07:02:28 PM »
Spider-Man Villains Movie 'Sinister Six' Gets Nov. 2016 Release Date
As part of the move, Sony pushed back "The Amazing Spider-Man 3" by two years to 2018.
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/

Soguru

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2014, 09:37:00 AM »
It would be interesting to get some insight into all these characters, what makes them tick and so on. I just hope the... writer has something deeper in mind aside from cliche motivations, i.e. "Oh, The Vulture never wanted to steal because he was a bad guy, he just steals because he needs to support himself because his retirement funds were completely cut off!". Also, I hope their motivation isn't solely revenge on Spider-man or some crap, because forming a gang to fight one guy just seems kind of silly.

I think with the Sinister Six, there should be a perverted sense of family. By that I mean they not just find common ground for their contempt and hatred but amongst themselves they genuinely find a sort of support system they can't find anywhere else.

I hope the filmmakers want to make this an ambitious project. By ambitious, I mean they would set this film over a period of many years where members come and go, they age, they go to jail, sometimes they die. Oh, and one installment, none of this "Coming next Year, Sinister Six 2!". I had an idea that maybe Doctor Octopus hates one of the new members. Maybe that new member gets caught, goes to prison and is killed by an inmate. Despite how much Doc Ock hated the guy, he avenges the guy's death by murdering the killer. This is just one rough idea, but I think it's a fairly decent reflection of what we might want in a Sinister Six movie: A super-powered mafia.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2014, 09:40:18 AM »
I would have liked to see it as an Anti-Avengers. Seperate already established villains have to band together to fight an newly emerged superhero.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2014, 09:42:56 AM »
Thats the Dark Avengers.

Soguru

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2014, 09:46:57 AM »
I would have liked to see it as an Anti-Avengers. Separate already established villains have to band together to fight an newly emerged superhero.
That could work. Seeing them shooting down the SHIELD carriers would make them a pretty significant threat. How do you write a movie where you're rooting for bad guys who are arguably terrorists? I mean considering the radical changes suffered by us over the past decade and a half, this needs to be a movie that is very carefully written and marketed just right.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2014, 10:00:48 AM »
See that is the problem.  Sony only has the Spider-Man rights, so pretty much him and his rogues gallery?  They dont really have anything else from Marvel.  They are going to have to make up there own character(s) for the Six to fight.  I am very curious to see how this is marketed and what they plan to do with it.  I am trying to figure out how the Six are main character material.  I dont know, I think they have to do everything perfectly or this is going to fail.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2014, 01:40:06 PM »
See that is the problem.  Sony only has the Spider-Man rights, so pretty much him and his rogues gallery?  They dont really have anything else from Marvel.  They are going to have to make up there own character(s) for the Six to fight.  I am very curious to see how this is marketed and what they plan to do with it.  I am trying to figure out how the Six are main character material.  I dont know, I think they have to do everything perfectly or this is going to fail.
I would have probably enjoyed seeing the supervillains fight against the police if they were led by Denis Leary's character. But they killed him off in the first movie!

Online Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5183
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2014, 06:11:35 PM »
I would have probably enjoyed seeing the supervillains fight against the police if they were led by Denis Leary's character. But they killed him off in the first movie!

Once again stealing Bill Hicks' style.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2014, 06:18:50 PM »
Bill Hicks is over it, you should try to get over it too.

Online Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5183
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2014, 07:35:56 PM »
Bill Hicks is over a lot of things.