login

Author Topic: Was the RiffPlayer and the compatible list recently removed from the web site?  (Read 1095 times)

Offline tfabris

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
I only just a couple of days ago discovered the riffplayer, and the riffplayer-compatible titles, at the rifftrax web site. So far we had a lot of fun watching Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets through the RiffPlayer, and are looking forward to watching Casablanca soon. I'm having a small tech problem with the riffplayer, but I've mostly solved it, and so I was looking forward to buying more riffs in the near future. I was hoping to buy every riffplayer-compatible title for which we already own the DVDs.

But now, just this evening, I'm browsing the rifftrax web site, and the stuff I was looking at a couple of days ago is gone: The link to the Riff player is gone, and the link to the list of movies that have riffplayer-compatible sync files is gone. Were they just now removed from the web site, just days after I'd discovered them for the first time?

Offline tfabris

• Disembaudio's Squadio
Hm, I think I see what happened.

The page is still there: http://www.rifftrax.com/riffplayer/compatible-titles ...

But the link on the main menu bar has been replaced with the Chromecast link, which I think is new, right? While I'm excited about the Chromecast addition to the streaming player and intend to make use of it, I'm was worried that the riffplayer compatible list was completely gone. Hopefully the gang will keep the riffplayer titles alive too?

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 236
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
RiffPlayer titles are alive, it's just that the RiffPlayer page itself gets no traffic. We moved the links just to focus on Chromecast for the time being, and I'm working on a major site upgrade/redesign which will put all of these various viewing options in a more visible place for users.

Offline tfabris

• Disembaudio's Squadio
Excellent news! Glad to know that Riffplayer is not going away. I only just discovered it! :)