Author Topic: Parody?  (Read 983 times)

Offline qlopp

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 3
Parody?
« on: May 27, 2014, 08:29:40 AM »
I just noticed that this RT title has "parody" appended to its title, as does "Cool as Ice".  I'm quite sure that Cool as Ice was without the parody tag back when I originally downloaded it.

Both movies are very cartoonish and hail from the same era.  Is there any significance to this?  Is this a legal action to differentiate the RT versions from the real versions since there are still monetary rights floating around these relatively modern movies?

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
Re: Parody?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 11:20:09 AM »
I actually noticed this over the weekend, a few have 'parody' attached to the title. The others were Breaking Dawn part 1, & Birdemic.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 292
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 02:02:39 PM »
It's got to be a legal issue. Or maybe some super loser downloaded those titles and freaked that they were made fun of and dialed 911.

Offline qlopp

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 05:44:54 AM »
I actually noticed this over the weekend, a few have 'parody' attached to the title. The others were Breaking Dawn part 1, & Birdemic.

I hadn't noticed those, having only looked at the VODs.  Very strange to do it to BD part 1 since it is only available as a commentary track -- and the other Twilight movie products don't get the parody moniker.