login

Author Topic: List of Crap: Top 50 Fictional Police Officers (and other law enforcers)  (Read 28788 times)

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
26 Mr. Orange  - 27 points
(3 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #8 Anais)

(^hottie)
The Wiki:
Mr. Orange is one of the characters from 1992’s crime drama Reservoir Dogs . Depicted by Tim Roth, Mr. Orange is most notable for spending the majority of the film bleeding from a gunshot to the stomach and breaking Harvey Keitel’s heart.
Up Next:
The first black sheriff

Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
25 Bart  - 28 points
(2 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #4 Darth*)

The Wiki:
Bart is black railroad worker who finds himself appointed sheriff instead of being hung. Although a controversial choice (he was chosen because a black lawman would so offend the townspeople that they would either abandon the town or lynch the new sheriff), Bart continues to prevail over various villains to become beloved by the townspeople.
Up Next:
Do you understand the words that are coming out of his mouth?

*Darth did not submit a full list, so his number 4 choice counted for less points

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
24 Carter  - 29 points
(2 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #10 Monsterbrains)

The Wiki:
Detective James Carter is one of the two main characters of the Rush Hour Films who is a detective for the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) in Los Angeles and is Chief Inspector Lee's partner and friend. James Carter appears in all three Rush Hour films. Carter is portrayed by Chris Tucker.
Up Next:
He calls his mother “your honor” when speaking to her on the phone

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
23 Ray Holt  - 30 points
(2 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #3 RoninFox)

The Wiki:
Detective Raymond Holt is the Captain of Brooklyn’s 99 precinct on the amazingly funny Brooklyn Nine Nine. Portrayed by Andre Braugher, Captain Holt has arrested over six hundred people in this career as a New York Police Officer. The foil to Det. Jake Peralta, Holt is an openly gay man who can crack a joke with the best of them.
 Up Next:
The only man the FBI has ever paid to surf (as far as I know)

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
22 Johnny Utah  - 32 points
(2 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #7 Anais)

The Wiki:
Johnny Utah is the protagonist of the 1991 surfer/action movie Point Break. Portrayed by Keanu Reeves, Utah is, according to some, “young, dumb, and full of male jelly.” During his rookie year on the FBI, young Johnny is assigned to investigate a string of robberies by a group known as the ex-presidents. After infiltrating the group, Utah bonds with cinema god Patrick Swayze and drama ensues. 
Up Next:
Dead ant. Dead ant. Dead ant dead ant dead ant.

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
21 Inspector Clouseau  - 33 points
(4 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #5 Johnny Unusual)

The Wiki:
Chief Inspector Jacques Clouseau (formerly Inspector) is a fictional character in Blake Edwards' farcical The Pink Panther series. In most of the films he was played by Peter Sellers, but one film starred Alan Arkin and another featured an uncredited Roger Moore. In the 2006 Pink Panther revival and its 2009 sequel, he is played by Steve Martin.
Clouseau is an inept and incompetent police detective in the French Sûreté, whose investigations are marked with chaos and destruction he largely causes himself. His attempts at solving a case usually lead to misfortune for himself and others. Clouseau is not very intelligent, frequently pursuing an idiotic theory and solving the case only by sheer, improbable luck.Regardless of his rather limited ability, Clouseau successfully solves his cases and finds the correct culprits, even if this success is achieved entirely by accident
Up Next:
Another cop greatly associated with his theme song.

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
20 Axel Foley  - 34 points
(5 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #12 Anais)

The Wiki:
Axel Foley is a fictional character, portrayed by Eddie Murphy, and is the main protagonist of the Beverly Hills Cop film series. He is ranked No. 78 on Empire magazine's list of The 100 Greatest Movie Characters of All Time.
Up Next:
The “heart” of assembling the Avengers

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
19 Phil Coulson  - 36 points
(2 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #1 Compound)

The Wiki:
Phillip "Phil" Coulson is a fictional character portrayed by American actor Clark Gregg and presented in his likeness. He is the current Executive Director of the Marvel Cinematic Universe incarnation of S.H.I.E.L.D. The character first appeared in the Marvel Cinematic Universe—a shared fictional universe that is the setting of several superhero films and television series produced by Marvel Studios—and, due to his popularity, has gone on to appear in the mainstream Marvel Comics universe. The details of his character vary between portrayals, but he is always a spy working for the fictional espionage agency S.H.I.E.L.D.. Within the films, Coulson is generally used to represent S.H.I.E.L.D.'s involvement in the plot, to the point of being described as "the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent" by Clark Gregg. As of 2013, he is one of the main characters of Marvel Television's ensemble spy-fi series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., set in the Cinematic Universe.
 Up Next:
A hatful of gadgets

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
18 Inspector Gadget  - 38 points
(3 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #6 Anais

The Wiki:
Inspector Gadget is a clumsy, dim-witted cyborg detective – a human being with various bionic gadgets built into his body. Gadget's nemesis is Dr. Claw, the leader of an evil organization, known as "M.A.D." Although he has all this equipment, Gadget is ultimately incompetent and clueless (in a manner similar to the Inspector Clouseau character of the Pink Panther series), and overcomes obstacles and survives perilous situations by sheer good luck, with help from his faithful niece Penny and intelligent dog Brain who both must secretly help him solve each case.
 Up Next:
Another cop who boned Kim Basinger

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
17 Wendell “Bud” White- 39 points
(3 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #5 Cole

The Wiki:
Wendell "Bud" White grew up the son of an abusive, alcoholic father, who used to beat his wife and son. As Bud got bigger, he tried to protect his mother, and one night his father chained him to a radiator then beat his mother to death with a tire iron. Bud vowed to himself that he would protect women from such brutes, but as he grew up, he realized he possessed the same brutish anger. Instead of turning it on women, however, he turned it on their abusers. Always on the lookout for damsels in distress, Bud has earned a reputation on the LA police force as a punisher of wife-beaters. His tough tactics attract the attention of Captain Dudley Smith, who recruits him as an enforcer for his attempt at taking over the LA drug racket. After meeting Lynn Bracken, a call girl, he begins to reassess his career and decides to rise above his thug rep and develop his crime-solving skills. Along the way he runs afoul of Ed Exley, a by-the-book careerist willing to feed White to the sharks in order to advance his own aspirations. As Exley discovers his own flaws and White discovers his own potential the two collide and find common ground for a dynamic partnership.
 Up Next:
One of only a few female cops don’tchaknow

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
16 Marge Gunderson- 40 points
(2 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #1 Johnny Unusual

The Wiki:
Marge Gunderson is the protaganist of the 1996 dark comedy Fargo/ Portrayed by Frances McDormand, Gunderson  a local Minnesota police chief, who is seven months pregnant, assigned to investigate the murderous events that occur in the film. Recently, the TV version of Fargo premiered on FX with a similar smart female cop but not the same Marge Gunderson. Frances McDormand received an Oscar for her portrayal of Marge Gunderson in the film.
 Up Next:
More anthropomorphic cops

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
15 Sam and Max - 40 points
(2 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #2 Pak

The Wiki:
Sam and Max are a pair of anthropomorphic, vigilante private investigators based in a dilapidated office block in New York City. Sam is a calculative six-foot dog wearing a suit and a fedora, while Max is a short and aggressive "hyperkinetic rabbity thing". Both enjoy solving problems and cases as maniacally as possible, often with complete disregard for the law. Driving a seemingly indestructible black-and-white 1960 DeSoto Adventurer, the pair travel to many contemporary and historical locations to fight crime, including the Moon, Ancient Egypt, the White House and the Philippines, as well as several fictitious locations.
Up Next:
A man who has a hard time finding the little man in the boat

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5613
  • Mr. Robot
Ya,  Marge.  Such a great character and the warm and hopeful center of an otherwise bleak story.  I actually really like that they didn't include her in the TV series.  I can't imagine the character without Frances McDormand and Molly is a good but different replacement character (a little more unsure of herself and naive but still smart and kind..

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
14(Tie) Officer Barbrady - 41 points
(3 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #6 Pak

The Wiki:
Officer Barbrady is a police officer. He is extremely incompetent at his job, usually being incapable of solving the crimes he is legally obliged to investigate. Despite this, he actually does maintain the balance of peace in South Park as shown in "Chickenlover" when shortly after he retired the city fell into chaos.
Up Next:
Why yes, I do feel lucky.

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
14(Tie) Dirty Harry Callahan - 41 points
(3 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #10 Cole

The Wiki:
Inspector Harold Francis "Dirty Harry" Callahan is a fictional character in the Dirty Harry film series portrayed by Clint Eastwood. From his debut, Callahan became the template for a new kind of movie cop: an antihero who does not hesitate to cross professional and ethical boundaries in pursuit of his own vision of justice, especially when the law is poorly served by an inept bureaucracy. The "Dirty Harry" archetype does not shy away from killing; all of the Dirty Harry films feature Callahan killing criminals. His rationale for such conduct is that it is done with the greater good in mind: protecting the innocent and victims of crime. Callahan's methods are rarely endorsed by his superiors, who on various occasions have demoted, suspended or transferred him to other departments.
Up Next:
My number 1 cop *heart* *swoon* *sploosh*