Author Topic: List of Crap: Top 50 Fictional Police Officers (and other law enforcers)  (Read 29014 times)

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
47 The Lieutenant - 20 points
(1 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #6 Monsterbrains)

The Wiki:
The eponymous character from the 2006 film, the Bad Lieutenant likes to drink, gamble, smoke the crack, and abuse his power as often as he can. The 2006 film chronicles the last several days of his life as he continues in a downward spiral of increasing gambling debts. 
 Up Next:
Oh he bites all right….crime

Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
46 McGruff the Crime Dog - 20 points
(2 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #8 Quantum Vagina)

The Wiki:
McGruff the Crime Dog is a cartoon bloodhound created for use by American police in building crime awareness among children. McGruff reaches kids through commercials, songs, educational videos and booklet from the National Crime Prevention Council, talking about drugs, bullying, safety and the importance of staying in school. Recently, McGruff has appeared in commercials addressing identity theft. The character is often used with his motto "Take a bite out of crime!" He also reaches kids through personal appearances as both puppets (often used in classrooms) and costumes worn by police officers nationwide.
 Up Next:
He may or may not have been inspired by a Peter Gabriel song

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
45 Inspector Sledge Hammer- 20 points
(1 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #6 Cole Stratton)

The Wiki:
Inspector Sledge Hammer of the San Francisco Police Department is a violent, sadistic, insensitive detective. His prized possession is a .44 Magnum Smith & Wesson Model 629 revolver (a stainless steel version of the Smith & Wesson Model 29) with a customized grip, featuring an engraving of a sledgehammer. Hammer sleeps and showers with his gun, and even talks to it, referring to it as "her." He believes in shooting first and asking questions never. Despite this, Hammer is never seen killing anybody on-screen during the whole 41 episodes of the show. He is a direct descendant of Mahatma Gandhi, whom he refers to as a "black sheep" in his otherwise violent family.
Up Next:
Where Det. Holt honed his fine detective skills

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
44 Frank Pembleton - 21 points
(1 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #5 Compound)

The Wiki:
Francis Xavier "Frank" Pembleton is a fictional homicide detective on the television drama series Homicide: Life on the Street portrayed by Emmy Award winning actor Andre Braugher. He is a primary character of the show through the first six seasons. Although the show featured an ensemble cast, Pembleton would become a fan favorite and is often identified by them as the show's signature character. He is based on Baltimore Police Department Detective Harry Edgerton, who, like Pembleton, was an eccentric New York bred African American detective in the BPD homicide unit featured in David Simon's book Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets. The character also appeared in the Law & Order episode "Charm City".
 Up Next:
His super powers would give Red Skull a run for his money

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
43 Dave Speed - 21 points
(1 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #5 Monsterbrains)

The Wiki:
Dave Speed is the main character from the 1980 comedy Super Fuzz . Having survived a nuclear explosion, Speed discovers he super powers as long as he doesn’t see anything red. The film chronicles his superhero exploits which eventually lead to Speed being framed for murder and unsuccessfully executed by many different methods*

*I found nothing on this character. NOTHING!*
 Up Next:
Apparently during the 60s this character was a licensed member of the Gotham PD (so no bitching! : P )

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
42 Batman - 22 points
(1 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #4 Compound)

The Wiki:
Nothing I can write here that you don’t already know
Up Next:
A nerdy cop caught up in L.A.’s underbelly of corruption and Kim Basinger

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
40 Sheriff Ed Tom Bell- 22 points
(2 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #12 Johnny Unusual)

The Wiki:
Tom Bell is the confused Sheriff from 2007’s No Country for Old Men . All of his life he has been seeking an understanding of life and the human condition, but it has never presented itself. He cannot fathom the generation of mindless violence he is seeing in his last days as Sheriff and thinks it is unique and distasteful, however, he comes to realize that the world has not changed at all, just him, and he is no closer to understanding any of life's mysteries or questions.
 Up Next:
I was hoping for the cat version (It’s Always Sunny reference)

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
That's all for today! :)

Offline monsterbrains

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 15
BULLITT!!!! YEAHHHHHH

LOVE that tension during the buildup to the car chase.  They dont do it like that any more.  Nice post.

Offline monsterbrains

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 15
43 Dave Speed - 21 points
(1 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #5 Monsterbrains)

The Wiki:
Dave Speed is the main character from the 1980 comedy Super Fuzz . Having survived a nuclear explosion, Speed discovers he super powers as long as he doesn’t see anything red. The film chronicles his superhero exploits which eventually lead to Speed being framed for murder and unsuccessfully executed by many different methods*

*I found nothing on this character. NOTHING!*
 Up Next:
Apparently during the 60s this character was a licensed member of the Gotham PD (so no bitching! : P )

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ngvYJtpXkM4" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ngvYJtpXkM4</a>

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
39 Jack Bauer- 22 points
(1 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #4 Cole)

The Wiki:
Jack Bauer is a fictional character and the lead protagonist of the Fox television series 24. His character has worked in various capacities on the show, often as a member of the Counter Terrorist Unit (CTU) based in Los Angeles, and working with the FBI in Washington, D.C. during season 7. Within the 24 storyline, Bauer is a key member of CTU and is often portrayed as their most capable agent. Bauer's job usually involves helping prevent major terrorist attacks on the United States, saving both civilian lives and government administrations. On many occasions, Jack does so at great personal expense, as those he thwarts subsequently target him and his loved ones. He is not a crooked agent; however, Bauer's frequent use of torture to gather information has generated much controversy and discussion.
Up Next:
When defeating zombies, a police officer is a very important decision (I guess, I am not into zombie movies)

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
38 Peter - 23 points
(1 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #3 Charles Hussein Castle)

The Wiki:
Peter is one of two SWAT team members from the 1978 classic Dawn of the Dead. Depending on which ending you want to subscribe to (although only one was actually filmed) Peter either survives the apocalyptic film with the female protagonist or commits suicide when he realizes there is nowhere to run. (He seems pretty level headed).
Up Next:
China’s Dirty Harry

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
37 Tequila - 23 points
(1 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #3 Monsterbrains)

The Wiki:
Inspector "Tequila" Yuen is a fictional character who appears in the 1992 film Hard Boiled and the 2007 video game Stranglehold , played and voiced by Chow Yun-fat. He is an inspector with the Hong Kong Police Force and is extremely skilled with fire arms. He is also a heavy drinker, which led to him being nicknamed "tequila". Empire magazine ranked Tequila 33rd in their "The 100 Greatest Movie Characters" poll.
Up Next:
I can’t think of this character without the commercial’s accompanying guitar chord (or riff, I am not an expert on these things)

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
36 Raylan Givens - 23 points
(1 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #3 Cole)

The Wiki:
Raylan GIvens is a unconventional, but highly dedicated U.S. Deputy Marshal. After committing a "justified" shooting in Florida of a mob hit man, he was re-assigned to his home state of Kentucky, specifically the Lexington Office and the office of Chief Deputy Art Mullen. Having grown-up in tiny, crime-ridden Harlan County -- and then having spent an almost equal portion of his life trying to escape from it -- Raylan is initially not pleased to be back where family clans feud and meth labs spout up like weeds.
Up Next:
Doofus + Do-gooder = Number 35

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
35 Dudley Do-Right - 24 points
(1 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #2 Anais)

The Wiki:
Dudley Do-Right is a dim-witted, but conscientious and cheerful Canadian Mountie who is always trying to catch his nemesis Snidely Whiplash, usually succeeding by pure luck or through the actions of his horse, named "Horse." A running gag throughout the series was Nell's great affection for Horse, and unawareness of Dudley's interest in her. In the standard intro, Dudley is seen mounted backward on his horse.
Up Next:
Once again, the name says it all