Author Topic: *norman groan*  (Read 14120 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4416
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: *norman groan*
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2016, 07:43:35 AM »
Just received a correspondence email that I was not selected for a postal job I put in for..
On January 21, 2015 ::)

Offline Parker_Hylton

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2016, 08:33:19 AM »
Just received a correspondence email that I was not selected for a postal job I put in for..
That beats mine.  I just finished a second interview last week for a job I put in for in May where the posting closed in June.  It's a University, but...gub'ment is slow...

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2016, 08:52:56 AM »
That beats mine.  I just finished a second interview last week for a job I put in for in May where the posting closed in June.  It's a University, but...gub'ment is slow...
And then I just received another email for another postal job I applied for 2 weeks after this one..  >:(
I've pretty much given up on working for the post office :-[

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 2911
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2016, 07:11:02 PM »
Between the wind setting off car alarms and all the loud wind chimes clanging, guess I'll need earplugs to sleep tonight...

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 2911
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2016, 08:15:18 PM »
Stupid Comcast is having some routing issue between my home and work, so I can't get my email, been going on for over a day.  I've switched most of my emails over to my gmail account but a bunch are still going to my work address.  Have to use my phone at home not connected to my home network to see anything coming into my work addresses.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2016, 08:58:27 AM »
Had a set of used 16 inch tires off our minivan on Craigslist for the last few months.. They had around 25% tread life left on them. Was asking $40 for the set of 4 and this guy contacts me yesterday and offered $25 dollars so I agreed.
He just came by to pick them up and then complained cause there was water in them.. ??? I replied 'Well we've had a lot of rain here the last few days and I had no place to keep them dry'..
So we spent some 10 minutes getting most the water out of them just so he could put them in his minivan ::)
Maybe if he had said something in the email that he was going to be putting them in a minivan then I probably would have gotten the water out of them before he arrived :-\

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2016, 12:04:50 PM »
As you may know, I'm currently in Acapulco Mexico with my wife as she gets treatment for cancer and we are staying at her cousin's condo that is nearby the cancer hospital which is located on the side of a mountain overlooking Acapulco bay..
The family in return for letting her stay here is covering her food, paying her power bill, etc, and I also help by taking out the trash, going to buy groceries, Walk down the mountain to the laundry service to get clothes and bed sheets done, and buy big bottles of filtered water but I need transportation to take these bottles of water to go to the nearest OXXO convenient store and the cousin used to give me a ride but now no longer has the time so she says..
Also, the cousin's family has been dropping by unannounced and helping themselves to our food so yesterday we had to go back to the grocery store and buy more supplies to replace what was eaten by them a couple days prior, and her cousin says to pick up a big bottle of water while we're out.. Taxi rides are around $50 Pesos one way and a lot of them are VW bugs so there's not much room for a bunch of groceries let alone a big bottle of water so I said we could go to the OXXO when we get back but when we returned, she went out clubbing instead.
Just asked her today if she could take me to the OXXO and she said she was busy all day and also had plans to meet up with her 'sugar daddy' so I'm not going to worry about getting the water. Nice to know what she considers a priority ::)

My sole purpose is to assist my wife during her cancer treatment. I will help out around here when needed but if she can't give me a ride to bring back 2 or 3 big bottles of water then I'm not going to worry about them then.. >:(
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 12:49:43 PM by RVR II »

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2016, 09:21:19 AM »
$79 dollars to get an exit row seat on a plane now ???
I will stay in my assigned seat ::)

And then they were giving me a hard time cause the lady at the gate desk took it and she apparently was not supposed to.. >:( They let me on
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 09:43:28 AM by RVR II »

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2017, 04:22:12 AM »
Got Jury Duty this week and have to drive 12 1/2 miles to the county court house to check in..
I'll apparently get paid for my mileage today but if I'm selected, they only pay $12 dollars a day..
They say it's your civic duty to serve yet don't pay you jack shit for it, and if you don't show up you could be charged with Contempt of Court making a criminal out of an innocent person...
 :grr:

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2017, 04:48:43 PM »
Wow I had jury duty last week, we get $31 NZD per half day and travel costs, and thought that was kind of low.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2017, 04:57:28 PM »
Wow I had jury duty last week, we get $31 NZD per half day and travel costs, and thought that was kind of low.
Yeah the pay is actually $10 dollars a day not $12, and they pay only 36 cents per mile.. It's an insult and then they treat you like a criminal if you don't show up..

Just called in and I have to report for a case at 10am tomorrow :-[

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7105
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2017, 04:59:21 PM »
what happens if you don't have a driver's license?
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2017, 05:16:36 PM »
what happens if you don't have a driver's license?
They can still use an ID card or a voter registration card to summon you for jury duty.. And they will send someone like a sheriff to pick you up if you can't drive or noone can bring you

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2017, 09:13:29 AM »
Summoned for jury duty Day 2..
Waited 2 hours before we were called to the court room for jury selection and I was not selected for the current case so I have to call back after 7pm to see if I need to drive back out to the court house tomorrow for jury selection on another case..

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2017, 01:19:54 PM »