Author Topic: Your Music Player of Choice  (Read 396 times)

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
Your Music Player of Choice
« on: May 08, 2014, 02:46:10 AM »
I searched but came up short on a thread covering this topic specifically, sorry if it is already here.

What Music Player software do you prefer on computer and mobile devices.

I started using Foobar2000 last year and I've pretty much became an evangelist for it, it's free so try it. The UI is very daunting at first but if your willing to roll your sleeves up a bit you can turn it into the music player of your dreams.

On the mobile front I'm still undecided. After trying a plethora of demos I think I'm going to pick up Neutron. PowerAmp is widely regarded as one of the most feature rich programs but it hits your phones memory and CPU pretty hard.

Does anyone have a good suggestion for an android player that plays everything (FLAC,ALAC,APE,MP3 etc) with a basic interface that does ques and playlist well without too much of a performance hit? I like the idea of free but ads offend me and I'm not above paying for something that has everything I want with an enphasis on FLAC playback ,a decent equalizer, and a clean ad free aesthetic.     

Online Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked: 3856
  • Now you're playing with power!
Re: Your Music Player of Choice
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 06:50:38 AM »
I use iTunes on my computer and Rocket on my smart phone.  Both work fine for me.