Author Topic: Power Rangers (2017)  (Read 19307 times)

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 623
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 06:53:00 PM by Henry88 »
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
Re: POWER RANGERS Reboot Announced
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 01:20:30 PM »
I don't understand why they'd reboot it, and not just tie a new movie in to whatever series they'd be doing that year... but then again, it IS Saban. He's kind of a moron when it comes to things like that.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 03:23:13 PM »
Yeah, I am scratching me head as to the reasons why this is happening, aside from the almighty dollar.  Are they trying to get some Avengers money?  Why??  It just doesnt compute.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 151
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 05:46:23 PM »
I, for one, am really excited for this.
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 06:47:26 PM »
I, for one, am really excited for this.

Oh don't get me wrong! I'm excited as hell!! I own every single season (and both movies) on DVD, and have watched also most of the first 25 series of Super Sentai to boot (still watching the remaining).  I couldn't be more thrilled at the prospect of a new Power Rangers movie...

...unless Saban wasn't so involved, and Disney was.

I just hope they don't make it the cheese-fest the past 2 seasons have been, and maybe give the series some much needed credibility in the eyes of the general public who ONLY remembers the first series.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 07:19:51 PM »
I just hope they don't make it the cheese-fest the past 2 seasons have been, and maybe give the series some much needed credibility in the eyes of the general public who ONLY remembers the first series.

I met my first girlfriend through the fandom.

As far as the cheese goes, I think they need to not shy away from it, or at least not shy away from the morphing sequence.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 08:01:19 PM »

I met my first girlfriend through the fandom.

As far as the cheese goes, I think they need to not shy away from it, or at least not shy away from the morphing sequence.

There's a difference between a bit of cheese/camp, and what Samurai and Megaforce (especially) have been. Watch RPM (the last Disney season before Saban took back over and made Samurai) and you'll see what I mean. :)

I think it should be dutifully campy and fun, but not an extended after-school special. I personally would like to have the show lend SOME credibility to the series and maybe have some people say "Woah, yeah. That was cool. Fun and dorky, but awesome!"  .... Kinda like the first Captain America film. Camp where it needed to be, but it wasn't stupid.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6870
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 05:30:19 AM »
dF = 0
d*F = J

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4514
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 07:56:10 AM »
There seems to be a conflict between articles whether it's an actual reboot or if it's based on one of the Seasons.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3212
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014, 08:58:36 AM »
"Reboot" and "Power Rangers" together make no sense to me. Or rather, I don't understand why they need to classify it as a "Reboot" like it's something they've never done before. The way I see it (Full disclosure: I haven't seen it since the '90s) the show reboots itself once every couple years anyway. It would actually be more surprising to me if they tried to base a new movie off the original Power Rangers.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2014, 10:03:02 AM »
"Reboot" and "Power Rangers" together make no sense to me. Or rather, I don't understand why they need to classify it as a "Reboot" like it's something they've never done before. The way I see it (Full disclosure: I haven't seen it since the '90s) the show reboots itself once every couple years anyway. It would actually be more surprising to me if they tried to base a new movie off the original Power Rangers.

The words "original" and "Power Rangers" together make no sense to me. It's all just a watered down version of a Japanese show that's been on twice as long! :D

Okay seriously though... I have a feeling they ARE calling it a reboot, because it WILL be relatively based off the "Mighty Morphin" series (seasons 1-3) as opposed to all the others.

The decision to make it all new is kind of a weird choice to me.... Like if they made a Doctor Who movie for the big screen, starting over at the first doctor (or even at the 9th... again) and had it not tie in whatsoever to the currently running TV show, but still have the involvement of Moffat.  It would just strike me as odd. I'd still go see it and be excited about it, but I would just wonder why you're creating a second universe to put these characters into when you're still actively involved in the first.

I don't know. We really know very little to nothing about it except "Hey, it's gonna most likely get made." so I'm excited but it's also hard for me to get excited.

Kinda like this supposed "reboot" of MST3k that probably won't actually come to light ever.  ;D

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4514
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2014, 10:39:43 AM »
I don't think Power Rangers has ever technically been rebooted.  The other versions are continuations of the same show.

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 623
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2014, 01:40:01 PM »
"Lionsgate is the perfect home for elevating our Power Rangers brand to the next level," Saban said. "They have the vision, marketing prowess and incredible track record in launching breakthrough hits from 'The Hunger Games' to 'Twilight' and 'Divergent.'  In partnership with the Lionsgate team, we're confident that we will capture the world of the Power Rangers and translate it into a unique and memorable motion picture phenomenon with a legacy all its own."

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=865998&ocid=ansent11

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/power-rangers-morphin-live-action-film-article-1.1782823
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2014, 03:48:33 PM »
Ah, so they are going to make it for brainless teen girls.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2014, 07:56:26 PM »
Ah, so they are going to make it for brainless teen girls.

Brainless teen girls and this guy right here.