Author Topic: What did we learn, sisters?  (Read 3081 times)

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 475
What did we learn, sisters?
« on: April 25, 2014, 05:35:42 PM »
I learned that coke usage may have been out of hand in the 1970s.

There's so much in this movie I may have to give it another watch this weekend to fully absorb everything in it but, man, this thing is gold.

But, first of all, I learned that you should in no way let the grizzly death of a girl right before your eyes impact you in any way at all.  And you should also trust, absolutely, notes that direct you to motels where strange men in their covered-window wagon drive you out to the middle of nowhere in a seemingly empty house.

I learned that large cans of mayonnaise explode when they come into contact with an electric fence.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 06:35:46 PM by Trekker4747 »

Offline TriffRax

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 63
Re: What did we learn, sisters?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 07:27:40 PM »
I learned that it was apparently legal to make one of these "girl group in peril" movies in the 70s, hire a Playboy Playmate as the lead, and still be allowed to keep it PG.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 07:35:51 PM »
I learned that when you're trapped in a house with a man intent on killing you the best thing to do is for everyone to split-up and sleep in their own separate rooms as if nothing was really wrong.  As opposed to everyone just staying in the same room and keeping complete track on one another.

Also learned it's possible to run right past (possibly over) a dead body and not realize it.

Offline TriffRax

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 63
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 08:44:51 PM »
I learned that Dr. Groovy Ski-Bum had a previous career he wasn't too proud of.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 334
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 02:12:26 AM »
Spidersssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!! Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But my friend is dead--meh...

Offline space_mutiny

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 42
  • Dream busted
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 04:20:00 PM »
I learned that a movie written by human beings contained the following lines:

There is no true anywhere. The true is nowhere to be seen. You think that you have seen the true, but what you are seeing is not a true one.

This would be a great place for an orgy.

Alphabetically, we got a nut running around with a gun, one dead girl, and four potential victims.
Oh bite me, it's fun!

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 07:01:02 PM »
I learned to quit worrying and trust a light bulb.

I learned that sleezy guys have a really hard time bringing themselves to beat up a weak old homicidal lunatic.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1186
  • My name is RaphaĆ«l Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 07:15:42 PM »
I learned that a movie can seem incomprehensible at first, but then make perfect sense later on... And then in the last ten seconds say "fuck you 'logic', we're going for a twist ending"  >:(

Also, I REALLY hate movies where the main premise is "girls being killed". Please stop doing so many of these.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 01:14:05 PM »
I learned that a movie can seem incomprehensible at first, but then make perfect sense later on... And then in the last ten seconds say "fuck you 'logic', we're going for a twist ending"  >:(

Also, I REALLY hate movies where the main premise is "girls being killed". Please stop doing so many of these.

It doesn't make for the funnniest riffs, I agree. I thought this one was okay, but just a 7. All the serial killer/slasher stuff they'd done so far hasn't been there funniest work for sure.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2014, 05:55:49 PM »
This one had some good moments in it. I mean it's not like the "girl's getting killed" thing was done in an entirely terrifying or horrible way.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2014, 12:52:23 PM »
This one had some good moments in it. I mean it's not like the "girl's getting killed" thing was done in an entirely terrifying or horrible way.

It's' not the murders that bug me--it's just that these types of movies don't seem to give them enough variety to riff on. They're pretty one note.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1649
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2014, 09:39:42 AM »
I LOOOOOOOVED this.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)