login

Author Topic: LOC - Top 53 Most Requested Rifftrax of 2014  (Read 20197 times)

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5634
  • Mr. Robot
Re: LOC - Top 53 Most Requested Rifftrax of 2014
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 03:12:45 PM »
I'm really surprised I'm the only vote for World War Z.  It's an incredibly silly movie.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 999
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2014, 03:13:42 PM »

46. Catwoman - (2004) - 22 points
(2 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #7 Compound)

Directed by Pitof
Starring Halle Berry, Sharon Stone, Benjamin Bratt

Place on 13's list: #10
Place on 12's list: N/A
Place on 11's list: #43
Place on 10's list: N/A
Place on 09's list: N/A
Place on 08's list: N/A
Last year's #46: Predator 2 -(1990)

Synopsis:
“Catwoman is the story of shy, sensitive artist Patience Philips, a woman who can't seem to stop apologizing for her own existence. She works as a graphic designer for Hedare Beauty, a mammoth cosmetics company on the verge of releasing a revolutionary anti-aging product. When Patience inadvertently happens upon a dark secret her employer is hiding, she finds herself in the middle of a corporate conspiracy. What happens next changes Patience forever. In a mystical twist of fate, she is transformed into a woman with the strength, speed, agility and ultra-keen senses of a cat. With her newfound prowess and feline intuition, Patience becomes Catwoman, a sleek and stealthy creature balancing on the thin line between good and bad. Like any wildcat, she's dangerous, elusive and untamed. Her adventures are complicated by a burgeoning relationship with Tom Lone, a cop who has fallen for Patience but cannot shake his fascination with the mysterious Catwoman, who appears to be responsible for a string of crime sprees plaguing the city.”

Up Next:
Minus the bones. Not counting the director's.  (Too soon?)

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2014, 03:17:08 PM »

45. Jack the Giant Slayer - (2013) - 23 points
(1 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #3 Johnny Unusual)

Directed by Bryan Singer
Starring Nicholas Hoult, Stanley Tucci, Ewan McGregor

Place on 13's list: N/A
Place on 11's list: N/A
Last year's #45: 88 Minutes -(2007)

Synopsis:
“Sent to the market by his uncle to sell their horse and buy thatch for their roof, Jack meets the beautiful Princess Isabelle whom he rescues her from ruffians. He returns home only with a handful of beans given to him by a monk who claimed they were sacred but that does little to impress his uncle who tosses them away. In the night the Princess arrives having run off to keep from marrying Roderick who is clearly only interested in becoming king. Soon the beans take root with a giant stalk carrying away the princess and Jack's house. He soon sets off on an adventure with the king's guards to rescue the princess only to find that a mythical land filled with giants really exists.”

Up Next:
No, they didn't riff this version.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2014, 03:22:28 PM »

44. The Fantastic Four - (1994) - 23 points
(1 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #3 Wes J)

Directed by Oley Sassone
Starring Alex Hyde-White, Jay Underwood, Rebecca Staab

Last year's #44: Houseboat Horror -(1989)

Synopsis:
“When an experimental space voyage goes awry, four people are forever changed by cosmic rays: Reed Richards, inventor and leader of the group gains the ability to stretch his body and takes the name Mr. Fantastic. His girlfriend, Sue Storm, gains the ability to turn invisible and create force fields becoming The Invisible Girl. Her little brother, Johnny Storm, becomes The Human Torch with the ability to control fire, including covering his own body with flame. The pilot Ben Grimm is turned into the super-strong, super-tough Thing. Together they become a team of super-heroes and use their unique powers to foil the evil plans of their arch-enemy Dr. Doom/”

Up Next:
Heck, I can just post my entry from the musical list for the next one. I wonder if anyone will notice...

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2014, 03:30:40 PM »

43. Mary Poppins - (1964) - 23 points
(1 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #3 Sugar Ray Dodge)

Directed by Robert Stevenson
Starring Julie Andrews, Dick Van Dyke, David Tomlinson

Last year's #43: Godzilla -(1998)

Synopsis:
“In 1910, Bert, a chimney sweep, introduces the audience to Cherry Hill Lane, home of the Banks family. The children of the Banks family are quite out of control and have driven off their latest nanny. The next day, as a line of nannies await outside the Banks home, a breeze rises up and blows them all away, leaving only Mary Poppins, who arrives via umbrella. She takes charge of the children. First she takes them to the park and introduces them to Bert, teaching the children to look past appearances. As the children relate their adventures to their father, George, he becomes irate and orders them to speak of Poppins no longer, dragging them along to his bank. Unfortunately, the children start a run on the bank, and the children are lost in the chaos, ending up in London's East End. There Bert finds them and brings them back home, where Mrs. Banks asks him to look after the children on Poppins' day off. The children are whisked away to the rooftops where a gathering of chimneysweeps lead them dancing across London. George is suspended by the bank, but he realizes that his children are more important than his job and returns home, laughing. At that point, Poppins must leave as the wind has changed. And so she leaves as her intellectually distinct cousin, Shari, heads towards Springfield USA.”

Up Next:
Thank you, Pak, for making my job easier.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2014, 03:35:58 PM »

42. Double Dragon - (1994) - 23 points
(1 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #3 Pak-Man)

Directed by James Yukich
Starring Robert Patrick, Mark Dacascos and Hunky Scott Wolf

Place on 13's list: #45
Last year's #42: Vertigo -(1958)

Synopsis:
"Two brothers have half of a powerful ancient Chinese talisman. An evil gang leader has the other half, and determines to get the brothers' half and have a complete medallion so he can gain absolute power."

Up Next:
Hmm. I thought that it got nominated back in the duck era, but I guess it wasn't.

(And I had to change maybe a half dozen characters between this year's and last year's entry for this.)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3554
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2014, 03:38:07 PM »
I'm holdin' on to that dream. :^)

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2014, 03:45:39 PM »

41. Back to the Future - (1985) - 23 points
(1 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #3 Rainbow Crash)

Directed by Robert Zemeckis
Starring Michael J Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson

Last year's #41: Halloween III: The Season of the Witch -(1982)

Synopsis:
“Marty McFly, a typical American teenager of the Eighties, is accidentally sent back to 1955 in a plutonium-powered DeLorean "time machine" invented by slightly mad scientist. During his often hysterical, always amazing trip back in time, Marty must make certain his teenage parents-to-be meet and fall in love - so he can get back to the future.”

Up Next:
#40-31! Eastern European Strippers! Weird Throwing Weapons! Donald Pleasance! Media Tie-ins!Gary Oldman! A Doctor! And a TV show, because someone can't follow directions! All this and more, tomorrow!

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2014, 03:47:33 PM »
And yes, yes.

http://www.rifftrax.com/iriffs/cinester-theater/cinester-theater-presents-back-future

In a desperate search to find a relationship creepier than an old mad scientist and a teenage boy, Doc Brown invents a time machine so the teenage boy can go back and make out with his teenage mother. Much adventure, Lea Thompson cleavage, high school bullies in their mid twenties, and retribution via manure ensues.

This movie is most known for: Started the trend of white wild hair that became so popular in the 80s among men in their 80s.
     Redefined the term "shitfaced".
     Introduced the world to Crispin Glover. No amount of appologies will ever be enough.

Noted riffs:
(Who is that guy? I don't know, but I'm going to find out.) --- "with my vagina"  [this riff was a huge hit with the 6 year old in our group we accidentally watched this riff with]
(I've got to tell you about the future!) --- "It rules! We got Nintendo!"
"I finally got rid of that damn dog!"
(Doc gets out of time machine for the first time, large cloud of smoke.) --- "Aint nuthin' but a G thing, baybe!"
"My turn!"
"I'll punch you."
"I've invented the Remote Control Vehicular Manslaughter Device."

About the riff: If there was ever a riff that disproved the "you can't riff a comedy" rule, it would be this one. (Thrifty, keep quiet!) A fucking hilarious movie and a genuine classic in it's own right. Yet the riff here truly only ADDS to the experience and complements it in a way that few riffing groups can. This is the riff that made Cinester Theater a MUST BUY for me, and I am really glad they eventually riffed the trilogy.

Available on Netflix Instant? No.

Sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v05mBqy3_hs

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5634
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2014, 05:01:52 PM »

44. The Fantastic Four - (1994) - 23 points
(1 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #3 Wes J)
Dang, wish I remembered this one.  With the Star Wars Holiday Special VOD, this seems possible now.  Double Dragon would be good too.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6161
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2014, 06:00:14 PM »
Compound, you get:

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2014, 10:48:31 AM »

43. Mary Poppins - (1964) - 23 points
(1 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #3 Sugar Ray Dodge)   

OH YES! I was afraid this might not make it! WOOOOO!

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2014, 01:25:40 PM »
Up Next:
#40-31! Eastern European Strippers! Weird Throwing Weapons! Donald Pleasance! Media Tie-ins!Gary Oldman! A Doctor! And a TV show, because someone can't follow directions! All this and more, tomorrow!

Eagerly awaiting this. You are doing God's work, Compound. :)

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2014, 03:22:27 PM »

#40. In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale - (2002) - 27 points
(2 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #10 Pak-Man)

Directed by Uwe Boll
Starring Jason Statham, Ron Pearlman, Ray Liotta & Burt Fucking Reynolds

Place on 13's list: #30
Place on 12's list: #32
Place on 10's list: #42
Last year's #40: Elektra - (1995)

Synopsis:
"Set in the kingdom of Ehb, the story follows a man called Farmer (Jason Statham), who was adopted by his village. When Farmer's wife, Solana (Claire Forlani), and his son leave to sell vegetables at the town of Stonebridge, Farmer's farm is attacked by creatures called Krugs. With the help of his friend and neighbor Norrick (Ron Perlman) he travels to Stonebridge; however, the Krugs kill his son and capture his wife. With the help of Norrick and Bastian (Will Sanderson), Farmer's brother-in-law, he intends to find and rescue his wife."

Up Next:
Well, she was in the Star Wars Holiday Special, but I don't see why she's on the list.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2014, 03:39:46 PM »

39. Bea Arthur - (1922) - 24 points
(1 of 11 lists. Highest ranking - #2  Sugar Ray Dodge)

Directed by Bea Arthur
Starring Bea Arthur

Last year's #39: Dead Again -(1991)

Synopsis:
Beatrice "Bea" Arthur (May 13, 1922 – April 25, 2009) was an American actress, comedian, and singer whose career spanned seven decades. Arthur achieved fame as the character Maude Findlay on the 1970s sitcoms All in the Family and Maude, and as Dorothy Zbornak on the 1980s sitcom The Golden Girls, winning Emmy Awards for both roles. A stage actress both before and after her television success, she won the Tony Award for Best Featured Actress in a Musical for her performance as Vera Charles in the original cast of Mame (1966). And... oh. Hang on. I misread the entry. Take two.

Up Next:
I'm going to be saying this a lot over the next few days but, curse you That Guys with the Glasses.