login

Author Topic: Fargo the TV series on FX  (Read 7836 times)

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1299
Re: Fargo the TV series on FX
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2015, 07:40:58 AM »
I kind of liked how it wrapped up with the exception of

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But the kind of flat and unresolved way a lot of the characters end that series...its so different that it seems refreshing.

I liked the ending.  The scene with Peg in the cop car was amazing.  And while yes, there were a bunch of stories that were a little anti climactic, it didn't bother me at all.  Perhaps it was a little abrupt, but that might be because I loved the world and characters so much. 

In the end, it was my favorite season of any show I've ever seen.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2374
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2015, 09:26:08 AM »
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2015, 05:01:40 PM »

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2015, 02:00:39 AM »
I kind of liked how it wrapped up with the exception of

But the kind of flat and unresolved way a lot of the characters end that series...its so different that it seems refreshing.

I liked the ending.  The scene with Peg in the cop car was amazing.  And while yes, there were a bunch of stories that were a little anti climactic, it didn't bother me at all.  Perhaps it was a little abrupt, but that might be because I loved the world and characters so much. 

In the end, it was my favorite season of any show I've ever seen.

Kristen Dunst was really fun to watch all season. Her character was well realized and well performed. Jean Smart and Ted Danson were also great.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4511
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2015, 04:25:24 AM »
This was a great season.  2 aspects I loved: Bruce Campbell's amazingly toned down (but still hilarious) performance as Reagan.  I think it's easy to see Bruce Campbell as a great physical comedian, so I was impressed to see him do such a restrained yet fun role, especially of a person who could so easily be a caricature.
Meanwhile, Jeffrey Donovan is wonderfully nasty as Dodd, easily the most hateable character on the show.  In fact, Donovan makes him one of those characters you love to hate.  But it's also clear he learned a lot from Campbell while working on Burn Notice because he is in total "Ash" mode for much of

BTW, here's Mike Milligan as a cat.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2374
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2015, 06:09:09 AM »
Absolutely loved every scene Mike Milligan was in, it was a great character and Bokeem played him perfectly. That said, it was still strange hearing that name because it's also the name of my brother-in-law's father.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2017, 06:07:01 AM »
BTW, who is watching Fargo?  Do we have a Fargo thread or do I have to start one, because it is wonderful.

We do have a Fargo thread!  I didn't realize the third season had started already. Going to have to catch up today. The second season is my favorite season of television ever.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4511
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2017, 05:05:19 PM »
I don't like this season quite as much as the previous yet, but it is still really good.  My favourite is episode 3, which, by Fargo standards, is a standalone episode.  It's pretty damned great.