Author Topic: Fargo the TV series on FX  (Read 7842 times)

Offline RandyMistie

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 116
  • Hello!
Re: Fargo the TV series on FX
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2014, 04:53:53 PM »
Fargo rules. It's like a more lucid "Twin Peaks" with, hopefully, a serious end game. I love the accents. One of my favourite things about MST3K is when Joel or Mike, or Kevin, or Mary Jo, (not that bastard Bill from NEW YORK CITY!!!!), would do the north-western accent. Of course, the movie is a Joel and Ethan Cohen favourite so, naturally, I am all over that like white on rice.

Oh ya! Well, I s'pose....
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Offline d00hickey

• Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2014, 04:58:00 PM »
I love the accents too. I think Bill does an admirable job at emulating the accent. It's funny because if you go to Minnesota the young folks don't talk like that at all, but older folks from rural areas have very thick accents.   

Offline RandyMistie

• Liked: 116
  • Hello!
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 05:22:23 PM »
I love the accents too. I think Bill does an admirable job at emulating the accent. It's funny because if you go to Minnesota the young folks don't talk like that at all, but older folks from rural areas have very thick accents.   

Yes that is true.... And Bill Corbett is a genius, I was just fuckin' with him.... I love him like Bacon! And he does an excellent Minnesota accent. One of my favourite rifftrax moments is when Bill, Mike and Kevin are riffing in the Minnesota accent while Kirk and Spock are traversing the tundra in Star Trek VI.

"Oh cripes, I says to 'er... cheese and crackers ya' gotta put tha chains on..."

"Oh ya!"

"'Cuz I says to 'er I says, what tha crimeny heck are ya doin' without the chains on, I says..."

Oh. I know, I know.... ya, ya gotta put the chains on the truck, ya know!"

I roll on the floor laughing.... I worked for a company whose home office was in Minnesota. And when I had trouble with the main-frame I had to call in. Sometimes the techs were at a "supper-club" and they just couldn't help although they tried.

"Randy! I'm down here at tha' supper-club. I can't get to a terminal ya know.... I can't help ya!"

Now, I am from Jersey so I would say, "The fuckin' machine is locked up, you know what I am sayin'? I can't get you your figgers.... if you want them in the morning you better get to a fuckin' terminal...."

"Oh, Randy... we don't use that kind of language! Oh! Goodness! No!" and I could feel the blush come over the phone....

We had fun.... I met her once at a seminar. She was very cute, but I was married, so....
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2014, 10:22:49 PM »
Molly Solverson is my spirit animal. I love her SO GODDAMN MUCH.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4513
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2014, 05:41:41 PM »
Yeah, when I heard of this show, I couldn't imagine anyone else taking the Francis McDormand role, but the writing and the acting by Allison Tolman has made her character just as lovable (more of a big sister character as opposed to McDormand's more maternal figure).  Can't wait to see her win because as grim as this show can get, not even Malvo stands a chance against her.

Offline JimJ

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2014, 09:27:00 PM »
Had all of these on the DVR and I just tore through them in a few days.  What a great show. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
  Those last few episodes were tense as hell.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2014, 01:11:03 AM »
Curious to see what they have planned for next season

Offline JimJ

• Big Montana
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2014, 01:42:26 AM »

If there is a season 2, which has not been confirmed, it will probably be about new characters.

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2014, 08:09:52 AM »

If there is a season 2, which has not been confirmed, it will probably be about new characters.

I think it might still have Molly and Gus with a new suspect. I hope it does.

Offline JimJ

• Big Montana
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2014, 08:27:02 AM »

From the interviews I've read, the show runner doesn't seem to want to do a new story with Molly and Gus because he feels like their story is done.  While Molly is one of my favorite TV characters, I can also respect that.  One of the theories I've heard about what they could do with a new season is to follow
.  So we'd see who finds it next and how it affects/corrupts their lives.  I like that idea.  I could also see a prequel season where we see what happened in '79 in Sioux Falls.  I'd love to see that but there would be a lot less tension since we know how it ends, at least for Lou.

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2014, 12:44:34 PM »

From the interviews I've read, the show runner doesn't seem to want to do a new story with Molly and Gus because he feels like their story is done.  While Molly is one of my favorite TV characters, I can also respect that.  One of the theories I've heard about what they could do with a new season is to follow
.  So we'd see who finds it next and how it affects/corrupts their lives.  I like that idea.  I could also see a prequel season where we see what happened in '79 in Sioux Falls.  I'd love to see that but there would be a lot less tension since we know how it ends, at least for Lou.

That sounds great to. I just hope that the show doesn't marry itself to the location in the long run. One or two crime sprees in a short span seem unlikely enough in the rural midwest.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4513
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2014, 05:20:38 PM »
I would much rather he just do a Blood Simple show next.  PLEASE!  Heck, just have Allison Tollman and Colin Hanks star in that too.  (Stephen Root as the detective...?)

Or Miller's Crossing.

Anyway, great finale.  Like the Breaking Bad finale, it didn't quite live up to my high expectations, but it was still fantastic.  I almost cried during Bob Odenkirk's speech.  Yes, he's kind of a dummy and one of Molly's big obstacles, but he's really just a flawed human being who just didn't want to face how awful the world could really get.

Oh, and Molly's last speech to Lester is brilliant.  Of course Lester wouldn't understand a story about what it means to be a good person.

Oh, oh, and...

Offline JimJ

• Big Montana
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2014, 09:25:34 AM »
I almost cried during Bob Odenkirk's speech.  Yes, he's kind of a dummy and one of Molly's big obstacles, but he's really just a flawed human being who just didn't want to face how awful the world could really get.

Absolutely one of my favorite scenes in the entire series.

Offline JimJ

• Big Montana
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2014, 04:45:00 PM »
Renewed for a second season! http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/fargo-season-two-fx-1201265810/

As I expected, it will feature new characters and a new story.  Looking forward to seeing where they go with it.

EDIT: And we already have some details.  Apparently it will be a prequel covering the 1979 Sioux Falls incident that was referenced in season one.  http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/fargo_season_2_spoilers_fx_noah_hawley_keith_carradine_lou_solverson-2014-07
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 07:04:58 PM by JimJ »

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1299
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2014, 05:12:32 PM »
Finished the series last weekend and enjoyed it.  Took so long to finish it because I could have swore I heard it was only going to be eight episodes, and there was that big time jump at the end of the eighth, so I thought it was done. 

Glad it got picked up for another season.