Author Topic: Fargo the TV series on FX  (Read 8557 times)

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
Fargo the TV series on FX
« on: April 22, 2014, 10:35:26 AM »
Anyone catch the first episode? I was pleasantly surprised, it definitely catches the spirit of the movie and is produced by the Coen Brothers. Martin Freeman, Billy Bob Thornton, and Joey King all do a phenomenal job and you can tell it's a true passion project for all of them.

The first episode was a little slow but, in true Fargo fashion, had superb character development and a very dark sense of humor that ended with a very thrilling ending. After watching it I found myself really excited to see what happens next.

Ever since Breaking Bad I've been hoping to get a new series to draw me in. It is also available on the Comcast website if you have an account there and I would imagine it would be available On Demand.

If your a fan of the movie (Fargo the movie is one of my favorites of all time) I highly suggest you check it out. 

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: Fargo the TV series on FX
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 02:50:16 PM »
I LOVED it and I could tell what was going to happen until it actually happened.

I hope it keeps this up.

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 03:19:10 PM »
I was super surprised, I hope episode 2 will be available on the internet soon, I know it airs tonight on TV.

One thing I'm conflicted about is whether or not it's a miniseries or a series, I have red multiple news pieces that said different things on the subject.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 04:20:23 PM »
Everything I have read said it was a limited series or if it did well and got a renewal it would be an anthology series.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 05:05:10 PM »
Everything I have read said it was a limited series or if it did well and got a renewal it would be an anthology series.

Makes sense

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5133
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 05:19:02 PM »
Got it recorded.  Can't wait to watch!

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 05:52:58 PM »
It's out already?  I'll have to wait until the fiancee has time to watch it with me.  Glad to hear it's good though.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 05:55:09 PM »
I think so.  Or tomorrow.  Either way, looking forward to it.

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2014, 02:35:43 AM »
Anyone have a theory on why Lester was trying to get a gun from his brother at the end of episode 3? For Lorne, Molly, or was he just blowing off steam?   

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014, 03:11:01 AM »
I hate to feel like I'm beating a dead horse here but this show is seriously phenomenal, it achieves an extremely witty dark comedy while covering very dark subjects with superb writing and acting.
Breaking Bad was one of the only shows that really roped me in for years and I feel Fargo is doing it and then some. If you haven't seen it I highly suggest you give it a try. Billy Bob Thornton, Collin Hanks, Martin Freeman, and especially Allison Tolman are blowing my mind. The story bobs and weaves in a very convoluted way but when it comes together it's nothing short of brilliant.   

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2014, 07:59:11 AM »
Finally caught up.  Yeah, this is an amazing series and it always keeps me guessing.  What is Malvo's endgame, assuming it's more than just fucking shit up?  The last episode had 3 solid cliffhangers that kept me thinking "wow, that's a great way to leave an episode... oh, there's more!"  Curious to see how Lester's current plot turns out, since everyone is now convinced he's guilty of something.  Of course, he doesn't have to get away with it to fuck over his brother: the murder weapon is hidden with an illegal gun that definitely belongs to his brother.  I think the clever thing about the show is that we both want Lester to get caught but we also want him to show that he's not the loser everyone thinks he is.  After all... what if they're wrong and you're right?

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2014, 10:09:45 AM »
I have no idea what Malvo is up to, but I love it.

I really do not know who could play that part better than the actor playing him. 

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2014, 01:24:26 PM »
Billy Bob Thorton is doing amazing work on that show.  I don't much for Thorton as a person (listen to his incredibly awkward and inexplicably hostile interview on the Q to see why) but he is killing it in this series.  Come to think of it, his interview style is not that different from Malvo's; it's like everything is a challenge.

Offline Space version 2.0

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 719
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2014, 06:59:55 AM »
Key and Peele!

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2014, 09:24:48 AM »
Yeah, that was a completely pleasant surprise (and that whole scene was really cool).