login

Author Topic: Rick and Morty  (Read 11550 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3897
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: Rick and Morty: season 3, AIRING NOW!
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2017, 08:26:33 PM »
 :D :D :D

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 745
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2017, 01:46:38 PM »
Okay, I'll agree, I wasn't a huge fan of the "Roadwarrior" episode, or the "Avengers" episode. OTOH, the "Toxic" episode, and the Rick and Jerry episode were great. And Morty's Mind Blowers was WAY better than another Interdimensional Cable.

However, "Tales from the Citadel" was easily the best episode of the season so far, if not the entire series.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2017, 07:25:10 AM »
So it looks like next week (Sunday Oct. 1) will be the last episode of Season 3..
Is there any talk yet of them working on Season 4 yet or is it too soon ???

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 376
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2017, 07:45:49 AM »
So it looks like next week (Sunday Oct. 1) will be the last episode of Season 3..
Is there any talk yet of them working on Season 4 yet or is it too soon ???

That had me confused.  I thought they specifically said season 3 was taking longer because they had a larger episode order than before.

I don't like this amateurish shit.  It takes 2 years to produce 10 episodes?  The Simpsons has been churning out full 22 episode seasons every year for almost 30 years.  I'd be fine with 10 episode seasons if it didn't take such an ungodly long time.  Get these guys some real money and a bigger staff! 
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3211
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2017, 08:51:39 AM »
My DVR has reruns next week and 2 new episodes on the 8th, but my DVR also likes to record reruns and randomly refuse to record things for which I have a series recording, so grain of salt, there.

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2017, 09:08:37 AM »
My DVR has reruns next week and 2 new episodes on the 8th, but my DVR also likes to record reruns and randomly refuse to record things for which I have a series recording, so grain of salt, there.

The Adult Swim promo for next week said it would be the season finale.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2017, 09:22:46 AM »
Always too soon.

The long wait was always cited as being creativity-related. Harmon is a noted perfectionist and wanted to be sure this season was the best it could be, and that took time. That seems like the right reason to wait a really long time for a small taste of really good programming to me. Of course I say that as a fan of Venture Bros, which has had 6 seasons in the 14 years it's been around. (Season 7 in 2018! Woo!)

Offline Jesse412

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 72
  • Old Curmudgeon
    • My deviantART Gallery
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2017, 01:49:40 PM »
Only one more episode left this season?!
"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2017, 01:52:50 PM »
Only one more episode left this season?!
Yeppers tonight :'(

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2017, 03:00:04 AM »
Ok so the season finale was pretty funny but the ending was pretty lame (Except for Mr. Poopie Butthole)..
So I guess based on that it may be another couple years before we see Season 4 :-\

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2017, 03:41:29 AM »
Ok so the season finale was pretty funny but the ending was pretty lame (Except for Mr. Poopie Butthole)..
So I guess based on that it may be another couple years before we see Season 4 :-\

I like that they didn't end on some cliffhanger that they're going to take forever to resolve.  I also like that Jerry and Beth reconciled their marriage.  I was rooting for Jerry.  He's such a lovable loser.

Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland are kind of like web comic creators.  They made something really popular that they update when they feel like it.

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2017, 01:11:57 PM »
McDonalds is bringing Szechwan Sauce back for a day this Saturday at select locations. You can go here to find out if your local McDonalds will be one of them.

https://buttermilkcrispytenders.com/

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2017, 01:32:57 PM »
McDonalds is bringing Szechwan Sauce back for a day this Saturday at select locations. You can go here to find out if your local McDonalds will be one of them.

https://buttermilkcrispytenders.com/
Wow I'm gonna have to drive 10 miles to the only McD's that's carrying it :o
And it will be available after 2pm (good thing I double checked) :o
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 02:18:10 PM by RVR II »

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 745
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2017, 02:37:32 PM »
Considering how this season started, I would not be at all surprised if it turned out they are sitting on a few more episodes.

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 91
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2017, 04:05:57 PM »
If that gives a head start, I'm for it.

I really liked the finale and the last couple episodes. So, I'll say it was overall about a 50/50 for me. That's not a puss-out, golden medium kinda of thing, I really took a quick headcount and I liked five of them and thought the other five were so-so. But I'm grading a Rick and Morty curve, so a "so-so" is marked down harshly.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?