Author Topic: The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance  (Read 2997 times)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2666
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2019, 07:24:34 AM »
The only thing confusing to me is that
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I do like that Augra mentions the Mystics at one point and then dismisses them. She doesn't have time for their vague mysticism hippie bullshit.

There is an episode near the end that explains a lot of this, and I think that episode has the most humor in it.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5900
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2019, 08:01:23 AM »
The only thing confusing to me is that
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I do like that Augra mentions the Mystics at one point and then dismisses them. She doesn't have time for their vague mysticism hippie bullshit.

There is an episode near the end that explains a lot of this, and I think that episode has the most humor in it.
I figured there would be. I'm going through it about two episodes a day, so I'll get to that one eventually.

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4514
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2019, 09:27:51 AM »
And now for some behind the scenes stuff...
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/U01EnbauN8c" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/U01EnbauN8c</a>

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2019, 04:36:50 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/I9Exfgeu3aU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/I9Exfgeu3aU</a>

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2019, 07:03:07 PM »
And now for a blooper reel...
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/GDUoAXuyGJU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/GDUoAXuyGJU</a>

Offline F-Zero

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 49
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2019, 03:31:33 PM »
Puppets = medieval CGI

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2019, 08:37:09 AM »
Anyone else watch the 90 minute making of documentary?  I'm still blown away by the rock creature being a practical puppet, I was so sure that it was CG but it's 3 people in green suits manipulating the "rocks".  Of course there are computers involved, but object removal could technically be done without computers, just not as well and the cost would skyrocket. 

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2019, 09:41:13 AM »
Anyone else watch the 90 minute making of documentary?  I'm still blown away by the rock creature being a practical puppet, I was so sure that it was CG but it's 3 people in green suits manipulating the "rocks".  Of course there are computers involved, but object removal could technically be done without computers, just not as well and the cost would skyrocket.
I got about 20 minutes in and while I was fascinated by the behinds the scnes footage, I got tired of the talking heads interrupting it all the time to just gush about it.
And I'm with you, I thought the rock creature was CGI too. Seeing it on set with the puppeteers was cool!

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2019, 10:24:53 AM »
I got about 20 minutes in and while I was fascinated by the behinds the scnes footage, I got tired of the talking heads interrupting it all the time to just gush about it.
And I'm with you, I thought the rock creature was CGI too. Seeing it on set with the puppeteers was cool!

After a while I did start to fast forward through the talking heads sections to get back to the behind the scenes stuff.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2019, 11:08:00 AM »

After a while I did start to fast forward through the talking heads sections to get back to the behind the scenes stuff.
Do they show the voice actors doing recordings later in the documentary? I really like watching that stuff.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2019, 01:31:51 PM »

Do they show the voice actors doing recordings later in the documentary? I really like watching that stuff.

They did a few times, when they talked about how the voice actors had to match the mouth movements that were already done by the puppeteers.