Author Topic: So... what things didn't make sense?  (Read 1583 times)

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 460
So... what things didn't make sense?
« on: March 22, 2014, 06:18:03 PM »
Okay, a LOT of things didn't make sense in this movie.  Pretty much everything, in fact.

But what specific things can you think of that don't make sense in this movie or that goes unexplained.

For example:

"Big Bertha" steels the meteor fragment from the lady who holds-up Mario and Luigi and flies off with it.

Later Mario and Luigi make it into a nightclub where Mario goes through some theatrics to retrieve the fragment from Big Bertha and manages to get it and sneak off.  Big Bertha reacts surprised by this and seems to wonder where Mario went.

Now, considering Bertha stole the meteor fragment, seemed fairly intent to not let Mario have it and that "Big Bertha" is a villain in the video games (which has nothing to do with this movie, of course) why then did Bertha help Mario and Luigi escape?

« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 06:48:16 PM by Trekker4747 »

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5621
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: So... what things didn't make sense?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 06:42:57 PM »
The implication is supposed to be that Mario wooed her with that dance.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 460
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 06:47:51 PM »

Yeah, I'm going to need more than that to buy that she completely changed her motivations and characterization off-screen.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5621
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 06:58:16 PM »

Yeah, I'm going to need more than that to buy that she completely changed her motivations and characterization off-screen.
Oh, I'm not saying it isn't stupid and poorly executed. But I think that is what they were trying to show.

As for other things that don't make sense, I mentioned one of them in another thread. That when Luigi and Mario go from our world to the dinosaur world, there is a chasm right next to the rock where the barrier is. But when characters go back, nothing is made of this. Technically they should fall to their deaths immediately upon coming out the other side.

Offline MrBNatural by Conn

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 24
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 08:27:20 PM »
Just about everything.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 292
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 12:44:46 PM »
I'm not even going to speculate about a film whose target audience was apparently a brain-damaged five year old.

Yep,  that bad.