login

Author Topic: Ghostbusters the reboot (2015)  (Read 81611 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5707
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: Ghostbusters III (2015)
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2014, 06:53:15 AM »
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/76601/feast-your-eyes-major-ghostbusters-3-info#axzz34o2gyUyB

The latest bit of non-news on this project. What struck me odd was, isn't Oscar the baby of Dana and that orchestra guy, not Venkman?

I do like the idea of Rick Moranis playing a prison hardened (or at least trying to be prison hardened) version of Tully. And does that mean he is now open to coming back for this if it happens?

I don't see Winston as the CEO. That's definitely Venkman. I thik Winston would be the one training various new Ghostbuster franchises. ALthough maybe if Bill Murrey doesn't want to come back then Venkman could have been the CEO and Winston takes it over because he feels he has to and doesn't really like it.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2014, 07:03:06 AM »
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/76601/feast-your-eyes-major-ghostbusters-3-info#axzz34o2gyUyB

The latest bit of non-news on this project. What struck me odd was, isn't Oscar the baby of Dana and that orchestra guy, not Venkman?

There was, I think, some question of that.  Either Dana left right after she became pregnant with Peter and ran off with the orchestra guy, or it was the orchestra guy from right after she left.  In either case the "I should have been your father" line from Venkman is pretty loaded, and even if he's not the birth father, Oscar probably knows him as "Dad" now.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2014, 07:07:25 AM »

There was, I think, some question of that.  Either Dana left right after she became pregnant with Peter and ran off with the orchestra guy, or it was the orchestra guy from right after she left.  In either case the "I should have been your father" line from Venkman is pretty loaded, and even if he's not the birth father, Oscar probably knows him as "Dad" now.
I just have difficulty beleiving that they would be so casual about it in that scene if Venkman had been the father.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2014, 07:11:48 AM »
Also, if they have Oscar grown up, they should cast him with somebody that looks as close to Wilhelm von Homburg as possible.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2014, 07:31:33 AM »

I just have difficulty beleiving that they would be so casual about it in that scene if Venkman had been the father.

Perhaps so, but it would explain why Dana wouldn't even want Peter to be involved in the investigation more so than if they just had a normal breakup.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2014, 07:45:38 AM »

Perhaps so, but it would explain why Dana wouldn't even want Peter to be involved in the investigation more so than if they just had a normal breakup.
I took that to be that she knew if he was involved with the investigation he would be on her like a cheap suit the whole time. Which he was.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2014, 07:59:09 AM »
Dana's relationship after she left Peter is very ambiguous, theres nothing really in the movie to suggest who she ended up with.  If they had intended Peter to be Oscar's father I think they would have settled that by the end of the movie.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3176
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2014, 08:37:05 AM »
Quote from: Peter Venkman
Well, he's ugly. I mean, he's not Elephant Man ugly, but he's not attractive. Was his father ugly?

I'm pretty sure that implies an unknown parentage.

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 623
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2014, 05:49:24 PM »
THR:
'Ghostbusters 3' Targets Paul Feig as Director
UPDATED: Sources say the film will be a reboot focusing on female Ghostbusters.
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2014, 06:39:46 PM »
THR:
'Ghostbusters 3' Targets Paul Feig as Director
UPDATED: Sources say the film will be a reboot focusing on female Ghostbusters.
What? I'm not apposed to female Ghostbusters, although making them ALL female seems like just changing it up just to change it up. It reminds me of the Final Sacrifice end credits bit with Mike as the movie executive. "Rowsdower, a big hairy girl!"
I think the Extreme Ghostbusters (can you tell it was a 90s show?) handled a female Ghostbuster okay.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5133
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2014, 06:46:20 PM »
I think it would just make more sense to do a completely different all female franchise.  The franchise was so deeply tied with the performers that whatever cast they bring in (almost certainly Melissa McCarthy, due to her awesomeness) that if only the traps remain the same, it seems like it would be better to take the premise of a ragtag group of ghost chasers and use it as a jumping on point for something very different.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2014, 06:56:55 PM »
I still say do my idea from the 80s LoC. Make Guillermo Del Toro's At The Mountains of Madness, and then have Ghostbusters be a really dark fucked up sequel when the creatures from the Antarctic reach New York.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3176
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2014, 09:06:56 AM »
Well it's not like they're literally giving  us a 1 to 1 female replacement, with Egonita, Ramona, Peterita, and Winstonia... Are they? They wouldn't do that, right?

Offline doggans

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 453
  • w00tstock Photobomb is TEARING Zombie Wiseau APAHT
    • doggans.com
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2014, 09:28:56 AM »
As long as we're continuing to speculate about a movie that we know deep down will still be in development hell for years...

With the great Paul Feig involved, that almost guarantees Melissa McCarthy a spot. I would love if it also meant roles for Linda Cardellini and Busy Phillips, but he hasn't worked with them quite so much since Freaks and Geeks.

On the other hand, he hadn't worked with Joel, Trace, and Josh since Freaks and Geeks either before he brought them in to do the commentary for The Heat, so who knows?

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2014, 11:33:37 AM »

On the other hand, he hadn't worked with Joel, Trace, and Josh since Freaks and Geeks either before he brought them in to do the commentary for The Heat, so who knows?
I pleas GOD have him cast Trace as one of the tech support guys!