Author Topic: The Thing You Just Saw  (Read 2747 times)

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1705
Re: The Thing You Just Saw
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2014, 10:14:03 PM »
I've figured out what it is about Review that I like so much. It's much more based on character and plot than I thought it was going to be. The previews made it seem much more slapstick and based on a bunch of random silly situations. But instead it focuses on this likeable man dealing with being on this show that repeatedly makes him do things that destroy his life.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2400
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2014, 07:14:03 AM »
I've been really impressed with Review so far.  I thought it would amount to a stylized sketch comedy show for each review, but the continuity of this man's life from review to review really makes it something special.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2014, 11:09:26 AM »
Last episode of Bob's Burgers was great!  It had Paul F. Thompkins, Kurt Braunholer, and Ron Funches, all comedians I love.  And the storyline did a take on bronies (called equesticles in the show).  I highly recommend it. 

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2400
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2014, 11:42:09 AM »
Last episode of Bob's Burgers was great!  It had Paul F. Thompkins, Kurt Braunholer, and Ron Funches, all comedians I love.  And the storyline did a take on bronies (called equesticles in the show).  I highly recommend it.

All reasons I need to watch this as soon as I get home.  I'm seeing Ron Funches everywhere lately, and it makes me happy.  I even saw him live as a complete surprise recently.  (Opening for Chris D'elia at the local Improv)
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 103
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2014, 08:16:57 PM »

I wished I could've watched that live, but Antonio wouldn't shift-trade w/ me.

The episode was fantastic; what wasn't to love in it? Well, besides wanting to see more of what went on in the Equesticles' Kubrickian-hotel room.

VoC, you should check out the most recent episode of the Song Exploder podcast. Bouchard walks you through the creation of the Bob's Burgers theme. It's great, and much like the show, I was grinning throughout the entirety of it.

The Justified fifth-season finale was an excellent setup for the series' finale next January. I'm so pumped-up for Boyd's swan song.

I'm one-episode into the 3rd season of Veep, and it hasn't missed a beat.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2014, 08:24:37 PM »
I'll have to give that a listen.  Thanks for the recommendation. 

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2014, 02:17:15 AM »
Your Inner Fish.

This is a great intro to Evolution show. Neil Shubin is a great host and presents the material well. I'm fairly hardcore on the subject and even I learnt a few new things. The problem here is the timing, the show has been completely eclipsed by COSMOS.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2014, 08:21:02 AM »
Louie is amazing this season. He's gotten really good at doing these little vignettes that have this great emotional truth to them. They are quite beautiful.