Author Topic: Name the BEST MST3Ked movie ever  (Read 6527 times)

Offline 6079SmithW

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
Re: Name the BEST MST3Ked movie ever
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2007, 11:50:26 AM »
well keep in mind that  Stranded in Space,   aka   Marooned    did win an Oscar.   and has some award for most used stock footage shots reused.  so thats my choice
A special effects Oscar, and if this really did come out in '69, one it damned well didn't deserve.

Offline Fuzzy Necromancer

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2007, 03:31:22 PM »
Without riffing, I thought Space Mutiny would have been really entertaining in a "so bad, it's good" kind of way...

This isn't a question of the best episode of MST3K, or a "so bad its good" movie
Love doesn't hurt. It kills.

"Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine."

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 278
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2007, 04:09:16 PM »
Phase IV

/just sayin'...

Servo: "What was the name of this movie Joel?"
Joel: "Phase IV"
Servo: "We're halfway there..."

My personal opinion of this film was that it was almost "Manos" bad... terrible audio...

Surely you realize that the audio/video problems were not from the original film. All KTMAs are bad because they are nth-generation copies.

Offline 6079SmithW

• Big Montana
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2007, 05:20:01 PM »
Phase IV

/just sayin'...

Servo: "What was the name of this movie Joel?"
Joel: "Phase IV"
Servo: "We're halfway there..."

My personal opinion of this film was that it was almost "Manos" bad... terrible audio...

Surely you realize that the audio/video problems were not from the original film. All KTMAs are bad because they are nth-generation copies.
Yeah, but I doubt the horrible pacing issues were KTMA's fault. I must say, it's certainly among the better movies of that era, though. It and the Airport knockoff are pretty much the only watchable ones.

Offline RandyMistie

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 116
  • Hello!
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2007, 06:00:20 PM »
I just remembered "Gorgo", that was not a bad picture, the riffing made it funny.  They were really on fire for that one.  But the flick was pretty good on it's own, as they go...
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2007, 06:57:36 PM »
Without riffing, I thought Space Mutiny would have been really entertaining in a "so bad, it's good" kind of way...

This isn't a question of the best episode of MST3K, or a "so bad its good" movie

Geez... you didn't pick on the three people before me that picked Space Mutiny! 

Not to mention that I didn't really "pick" Space Mutiny. I specifically said the "so bad, it's good" thing because I was trying to place it into context in relation to the original poster's intent... and I mentioned three other movies that I thought were legitimately decent... so there!! :P

EDIT: You ARE the original poster. So double :P

Offline Fuzzy Necromancer

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2007, 12:11:48 PM »
I submit.

I enjoyed Gorgo from childhood. Of course, in my childhood I rewatched "Godzilla Vs. Megalon" about 37 times, and I loudly declared that It Conquered the World was NOT cheesy, so that doesn't have much bearing on actual quality.
Love doesn't hurt. It kills.

"Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine."

Offline BobEvil

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2007, 09:57:07 AM »
I'd say Clonus myself because the premise was interesting and really, with a little touch up of acting and such, probably could have passed as a real movie.
....Then they made "The Island" and we all saw that isn't true.       BURN! Take THAT Michael Bay.

Seriously though, I think Clonus was decent considering the context. I know I've seen "Quest of the Delta Knights" as a serious film in the kids section of Blockbuster before, but by that point I had already seen the MST version so I was able to laugh and appreciate it at a different level. "Soul Taker" might have also had a chance with some changes.....
"And when I get angry, things begin to happen!"

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2007, 12:42:03 PM »
"Red Zone Cuba"?   Oh wait.....

I would have to go with "Gorgo".   Some of the other films were entertaining on their own (i.e. Future War), but they were NOT good films.   I think "Gorgo" was a pretty good film for time.

Although the concept of BEST MST3K movie is a little like asking "what is the best rash you have ever had"?

Offline timechaser

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2007, 04:47:08 PM »
I think Timechasers is pretty entertaining. I could probably watch the un-MST'd version of Overdrawn at the Memory Bank without dying too.
He split Robin's arrow in twain!!

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2007, 02:01:44 AM »
Soul taker wasnt a terrible movie.  at least not by comparison.

Offline BobEvil

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2007, 05:58:26 PM »
I can barely watch the MST version of  "Overdrawn" myself. It's funny, sure and I love it, but it's sooooooo boring and non-sensical....hell I get MORE confused when I hear more of the plot!
"And when I get angry, things begin to happen!"

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2007, 01:17:04 PM »
I kinda liked Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell.  It was really hokey but I've watched far worse movies that never turned into episodes.  The other one as a fan of Macgyver type shows "Angels Revenge" wasn't terrible for watching on a Sunday afternoon as a background noise kinda thing.  Same goes for the Hercules movies. 

Offline Griff

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2007, 05:26:03 PM »
personally i liked Jack frost and merlins magical shop of wonders. Weird... considering thats one of the worst movies ever made

Offline AmazingThor

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 14
  • Spam fed the Russian army
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2007, 05:09:39 AM »
Frankly, I've always thought "Time Chasers" was one of the better quality MSTed movies.