2 (10.5%)
C
1 (5.3%)
D
1 (5.3%)
F
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: How You Rank The Wiz?  (Read 3642 times)

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
How You Rank The Wiz?
« on: January 17, 2014, 12:57:10 PM »
Definitely A+ for me. For the first ten minutes literally every single line was a winner.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 446
Re: How You Rank The Wiz?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 03:55:00 PM »
"A", a very, very good outing.

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 418
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 04:00:38 PM »
A+

I really liked it a lot. Riffs of movies that everyone has memorized tend to be the best. And it helps that I'm not also trying to follow the movie at the same time.

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5151
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 05:16:44 PM »
A-. Plenty of great lines (and a fun intro). But RoninFox riff was better overall.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 964
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 07:57:53 PM »
I'd rank it as gimmicky, forgettable, off-putting and destined to age poorly and bad, except for Nipsey Russell.

This Riff though was pretty enjoyable.

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 08:19:46 PM »
I'd rank it as gimmicky, forgettable, off-putting and destined to age poorly and bad, except for Nipsey Russell.

This Riff though was pretty enjoyable.

Flying High! We don't even have a Wikipedia entry!

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 418
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 08:25:10 PM »
I just watched the RoninFox version (so yes I just watched tWoO back to back). It's pretty good too, but I have to admit I liked the Rifftrax version better. For one thing they did the singing bits better.

I thought it strange how many identical (or with a slight variation) jokes there are in the riffs. Some were just obvious jokes, but some others make me wonder if Rifftrax watched the RoninFox riff before writing their own.

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 08:34:52 PM »
I just watched the RoninFox version (so yes I just watched tWoO back to back). It's pretty good too, but I have to admit I liked the Rifftrax version better. For one thing they did the singing bits better.

I thought it strange how many identical (or with a slight variation) jokes there are in the riffs. Some were just obvious jokes, but some others make me wonder if Rifftrax watched the RoninFox riff before writing their own.

I actually feel bad to admit that I agree that the RiffTrax version is better, because RFT is SO good and worthy of its source material and it is, hands down, my favorite iRiff. I don't think anybody else can do an iRiff of Wizard of Oz better than them. And it really isn't fair of us (myself included) to judge it in comparison to the MKB version. I like to think that they DID watch it to help him see what worked and what didn't.

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2345
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2014, 04:35:01 PM »

I actually feel bad to admit that I agree that the RiffTrax version is better, because RFT is SO good and worthy of its source material and it is, hands down, my favorite iRiff. I don't think anybody else can do an iRiff of Wizard of Oz better than them. And it really isn't fair of us (myself included) to judge it in comparison to the MKB version. I like to think that they DID watch it to help him see what worked and what didn't.

Now that I've watched it, I seriously doubt they'd seen my riff before-hand.  I can't see why they would use similar jokes on purpose, so I'm just assuming anything that lined up was just that the movie led us to the same idea.  Didn't really hear anything that was identical, but then I haven't listened to my own riff in a couple years now.

That said, I laughed a lot.  This is probably my favorite MP3 riff out of Rifftrax in recent years.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 07:14:22 PM »
This was an awesome riff, gotta give it a 10.  Just bought the Ronin Fox version so it'll be interesting to compare the two.  I loved doing that with the first Twilight movie.
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline MST3Kgirl

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2014, 09:32:47 AM »
Unfortunately I didn't like it at all. I think I half laughed 2 or 3 times. I just think when they try to riff non-cheesy films it comes off as forced... :( Sorry guys...

Offline The Trout

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 12
  • Electro-Syntho-Magnetic
    • Troutcave Comics
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2014, 10:36:16 AM »
I loved it.  Laughed out loud at least once a minute.

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5151
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2014, 12:52:02 PM »
Unfortunately I didn't like it at all. I think I half laughed 2 or 3 times. I just think when they try to riff non-cheesy films it comes off as forced... :( Sorry guys...
Give the RoninFox one a chance then. That one felt very natural to me.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2404
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2014, 04:02:46 PM »
And Roninfox has a DVD cover too!

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2014, 05:21:39 AM »
I dunno, this movie was pretty cheesy so the riff worked for me.
"Did she just say Chipping?"