login

Author Topic: Now Available "The Wizard of OZ"!!  (Read 7174 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 860
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Now Available "The Wizard of OZ"!!
« on: January 17, 2014, 10:09:40 AM »

http://www.rifftrax.com/riff/wizard-oz

Our most “not in Kansas anymore” release since Avatar! Yes, after years of riffing blockbusters packed with dialogue cliches, we finally went to the source, the motherlode, the true original, The Wizard of Oz. This film is so big and influential that not only movies but books, song lyrics, and even ordinary everyday conversation are 90% Oz references! Quotes, and images, and made-up statistics, oh my!

From flying monkeys to monster trees to casual witch murder, The Wizard of Oz has delighted and permanently traumatized children for decades. It’s a timeless classic, a cultural touchstone, and perfect for riffing. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll say “Wait, in this scene the Scarecrow has a gun?? Was that always there?!” It was!

Join Mike, Bill, Kevin, and their little dog, too, on the yellow brick road to the horse of a different color that’s no place like home but represents the Lollipop Guild and okay that’s probably just about enough lines from The Wizard of Oz!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/RZgw1bP8K18" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/RZgw1bP8K18</a>
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
Re: Now Available "The Wizard of OZ"!!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 12:55:52 PM »
Great way to start my three day weekend. Watching it for the second time right now. Awesome first entry of 2014.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 475
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 01:27:16 PM »
Just started it, I'm not even out of the credits yet and I'm already almost in tears!

:lol:

Hanging munchkins. :lol:

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 01:36:58 PM »
Just started it, I'm not even out of the credits yet and I'm already almost in tears!

:lol:

Hanging munchkins. :lol:

The whole thing is great, but the first ten minutes are especially great. Literally every line was a winner.

Also, regarding the actual story, MY FOUR YEAR OLD NEPHEW IS SMARTER THAN DOROTHY!

Offline Jason Martian

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 201
  • He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
    • The Martian's web site
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 08:18:57 AM by Jason Martian »

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 860
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 05:29:11 PM »
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6696
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 05:52:48 PM »
I liked it. There were plenty of great lines, and I liked that the guys seemed to be having a lot of fun with it. But it didn't seem consistently great throughout. Not sure why.

Offline Lemming Howard

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 178
  • God rest you Brother.
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 08:47:04 AM »
Watched it twice this weekend and that Ding-Dong song that says the witch is dead has been playing on a loop in my head all last night at work.  Good riff of a legendary film.  I'll be watching this around the Xmas season when this movie was usually shown when I was growing up.
And I'm worse than Hitler.

Offline Jason Martian

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 201
  • He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
    • The Martian's web site