login

Author Topic: WWWWWOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!  (Read 241949 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3695
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: WWWWWOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
« Reply #2265 on: February 08, 2019, 02:33:39 AM »
My tax customers are few and far between these days and have drastically diminished since I lost my wife to cancer so I'm very glad to have a steady job at the Post Office..
I had a tax client and her mother who needed 2 years of taxes done last night at 7pm. My computer decided to install a major Windows 10 update that literally took a half hour to install which in turn corrupted my printer driver so it had to be uninstalled and reinstalled (another 15 er so minutes lost). Finally was able to print out their taxes then my copier decides to have drum issues and a paper jam (lost another 15 minutes fixing that) but despite it all, I made $500 and they were out the door by 10:30pm 8)
Multiple RRARRGHs that Finalized into a WWWWWOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 242
« Reply #2266 on: February 08, 2019, 08:06:50 PM »
The compressor on the cheap chest freezer that I used to build my kegerator a couple of years ago quit working this week (went really cheap and got one that I knew even at the time just wasn't rated for Wisconsin temperature fluctuations). Then our 20+ year old washing machine had the agitator motor finally burn out. And while our dryer still works, it's on it's last legs as well. So I ordered the chest freezer I thought about buying 2 years ago before going cheap and a new washer and dryer and was feeling rather RRARRGH about spending the money. 
The I did my taxes tonight. I was expecting to owe which would have been yet another RRARRGH but one that I was anticipating. But I forgot that when I inherited some money last year I was concerned how it would affect my taxes, so I had them withhold what I was told by the financial planner was the maximum amount they could withhold for taxes and discovered tonight that I'll be getting back more than double what the new appliances are costing me, so WWWWWOOOOOOO!!!. 

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 459
  • "He's never fought me twice!"
« Reply #2267 on: February 08, 2019, 08:20:16 PM »
Good for you Wihogfan.

I was in town earlier and all of a sudden I see a car plowing towards me doing 55 in a 40 MPH zone and I'm about to move out of the way when they signal that they're going to go around me so I stay put then all of a sudden they effing nearly hit me, go around me with the driver yelling.... whatever the hell he was saying at me, then he gets in front of me and hits his brakes. Then finally he speeds off, doing 50+ MPH again... in a 40 MPH zone. The reason I list this as a wwwwoooooooo instead of a Rrrrrrarrgghh is that at least the situation didn't escalate into something violent like a shootout. Ahh, the days when I didn't used to have to worry about other drivers on the road potentially firing bullets at my skull.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1448
« Reply #2268 on: February 14, 2019, 10:17:06 AM »
Yeahhhh!  No more Amazon headquarters in my backyard!  Proud of unions and our new politicians for standing up and saying no to Amazon in New York.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 242
« Reply #2269 on: February 21, 2019, 08:07:59 PM »
For years and years and years we went to Wrigley to see the Cubs play on my birthday. Didn't make it last year due to having an elderly dog that I couldn't leave (sadly, he's no longer with us) and Cubs aren't at home on my birthday this year. But the first Rifftrax live event is on my birthday and I'm off the day after (not going to the actual live event, but will be going to the theater to see the telecast) and have hotel reservations and tickets for 2 games the week after my birthday. Looking very forward to it.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #2270 on: February 24, 2019, 12:57:34 PM »
Had 3 tax customers today; 2 of them needed 2 years of taxes done (2017 & 2018) so 5 tax returns total at $140 per return = $700 dollars for 2 and a half hours of work.. 8)
NOICE!! :highfive:

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 453
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #2271 on: February 24, 2019, 06:04:43 PM »
Had 3 tax customers today; 2 of them needed 2 years of taxes done (2017 & 2018) so 5 tax returns total at $140 per return = $700 dollars for 2 and a half hours of work.. 8)

You could make more than that if you prostituted yourself, come on RVR

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #2272 on: February 25, 2019, 03:50:14 AM »

You could make more than that if you prostituted yourself, come on RVR
I probably could have but I handle enough packages at the post office these days to make up for that trade :P

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 453
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #2273 on: March 08, 2019, 01:58:32 PM »
Couple woos! First, one of my co-workers was telling me that no one at work hates me or doesn't want to work with me. Everyone apparently acknowledges that I'm one of the best CNAs at the facility. Apparently the DON even made a comment, because one night she was there, we were getting swamped, and I answered like 3 call lights in about a minute, so she's like "Damn, girl can work." Even the med aid who is a notorious gossip and can find something bad to say about anyone hasn't been able to find anything about me to complain about. Both my friend and the nurse say that they've literally never heard a bad thing about my work.

Second woo is that a while back, I got the urge to get a ukelele, and I'm starting to be able to switch between chords. I've been practicing with "Take on Me" and have pretty much got it down, except for a few hitches. It's nice to just have something I can do to completely distract me from the stress I've been having lately.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #2274 on: March 10, 2019, 01:59:41 PM »
Ever since I got my new "Smart phone" from my phone company back in January I've been getting ad after ad after ad. It was really starting to annoy me. Naturally I called the company to try and find a way to stop the ads. Anyway these days I've been seeing that when it comes to software and tech, sometimes the simplest solution is the most likely to work. That being said I don't think replacing or resetting the phone would have fixed the problem. Now someone I talked to did advise me to turn off the wi-fi on the phone. I did that, but it still didn't work. It did however give me an idea. Maybe if I turned off the mobile data completely it would stop the ads. Now it's been like three days and I haven't seen a single ad. I guess dealing with technology is sometimes like Occam's razor.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2544
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #2275 on: March 10, 2019, 03:37:14 PM »
Turning off the internet does stop all ads and anything else, but why have a smartphone if you don't have it connected.

Sounds like what you need to do is go into your app settings and turn off notifications for the ones that are causing the ads.  Most of the free apps you download will bug you with notifications.  No, I don't need my flashlight app popping up messages all the time...

It takes a while to go through them all and turn off the notifications since you have to do it for each one, at least it did when I set up my last phone, there are a couple of apps I do want notifications for, like texts and emails.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #2276 on: March 11, 2019, 08:49:45 AM »
Turning off the internet does stop all ads and anything else, but why have a smartphone if you don't have it connected.

Sounds like what you need to do is go into your app settings and turn off notifications for the ones that are causing the ads.  Most of the free apps you download will bug you with notifications.  No, I don't need my flashlight app popping up messages all the time...

It takes a while to go through them all and turn off the notifications since you have to do it for each one, at least it did when I set up my last phone, there are a couple of apps I do want notifications for, like texts and emails.
That was actually the first thing I tried but it didn't work unfortunately. I just had to turn off the mobile data. It may just be relegated to little more than a normal phone now, but at least I don't get a bunch of ads every day.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2544
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #2277 on: March 11, 2019, 10:17:40 AM »

That was actually the first thing I tried but it didn't work unfortunately. I just had to turn off the mobile data. It may just be relegated to little more than a normal phone now, but at least I don't get a bunch of ads every day.

Well, that is strange, where are those ads coming from?  Is the phone a special deal that is cheaper because you have to see ads?  Like the cheaper Amazon devices that have ads?

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #2278 on: March 11, 2019, 04:59:06 PM »
It's basically a free phone I get since I don't make any money except for what I get from SS. I'm guessing that the ADS on the phone are how they make money or something.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #2279 on: April 15, 2019, 04:06:36 PM »
Despite my chaotic work schedule at the post office, I was still able to pull in almost $1000 from loyal tax customers Sunday and Monday!
:highfive:
I still may have a couple of stragglers coming next Sunday but still not bad for side money!
:cheers: