Author Topic: Audio Drops Out  (Read 2178 times)

Offline Locuststakethesky

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 121
  • Just because you CAN edit doesn't mean you should.
    • Book of Face
Audio Drops Out
« on: December 29, 2013, 10:35:58 PM »
I know there was talk of this in another topic, but it seems the audio drops out from 19:10 to 19:13.  A Donald line and Kevin line are missing.  I downloaded both the .mp4 and the .divx and both seem to have the issue.  I'm just posting this so hopefully someone will let us know when a fixed version is up so I can re-download.  Thanks guys.

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 629
Re: Audio Drops Out
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 10:34:12 AM »
Thanks for the heads up - new files will be up this week; I'll update this thread when they are.
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 744
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 04:11:39 PM »
Okay, so it wasn't just me.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 467
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 06:43:10 PM »
There's also an odd audio duck at one point, it sounds like it's supposed to censor a curse by Mike but instead the audio just cuts out without a "bleep."

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 11:41:34 AM »
There's also an odd audio duck at one point, it sounds like it's supposed to censor a curse by Mike but instead the audio just cuts out without a "bleep."

Do you happen to know when that occurs?
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 467
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 02:31:14 PM »
Just checked, at around 0h17m20s to 0:17:25.  It happens when "Gringo" tosses the tarantula to one of the boat's deck hands and he eats it.  Mike riffs, "Disclaimer: No actual spiders were harmed in the filming of Treasure Island. The... Ha Ha Ha, I'm just kidding he totally ate the [censor] for real!"

It actually sounds like the censor bleep is there but not at all audible unless you try and hear it, not nearly as loud as the other censoring bleeps elsewhere in the riff, and in other riffs.  Oddly this happens not too long before the audio drop-off talked about above.  Someone get called out of editing room a lot I guess? ;)

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 307
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 03:38:38 PM »
Pure arachnophobia, I'm guessing.

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 03:42:11 PM »
The beep there, it's just that the ambient music is at a very similar tone so they cancel each other out to some degree. New files will be up tomorrow.