1 (5.9%)
1 (5.9%)
0 (0%)
2 (11.8%)
0 (0%)
1 (not their best)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Rank the Voyage of Damned  (Read 1939 times)

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 308
Rank the Voyage of Damned
« on: December 29, 2013, 09:45:08 PM »
This has to be one of the edgier films they've ever riffed. I'm not talking about the toplessness. I'm talking the other stuff...as Mike says, "should we even be doing this one?"
 But all that matters to me in the end is the laughs and this one had plenty. The riffing always seemed to perk up whenever Donald's Nazi character popped up for some reason.
 I'll give it an 8.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 308
Re: Rank the Voyage of Damned
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 09:46:26 PM »
And sorry, it should be The Voyage of the Damned. Oops.

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 07:46:35 PM »
8. Solid effort, very funny. There have been a lot of these kind of weird VODs lately, and it's not always easy to make the ones that seem like they could just be filler material and turn them into solid 10 riffs, like The Guy From Harlem. But this definitely holds its own and its a decent end to once of the best years of RiffTrax to date.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 01:30:41 PM »
An 8 for a good solid riff; bumped up to a 9 for having Donald Pleasence as a Nazi.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 467
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 05:32:20 PM »
I'm pretty mixed on this one... there's a lot of good stuff and moments in it but the movie is a dog to watch.  I'm glad it's not another dubbed foreign movie which I *really* have troubles with watching in certain contexts.  And while this movie does... *ahem* have some visual treats in it... I dunno. It's a tough one.  I might go with a 6, which is about as low as I usually go on grading the riffs.  This one isn't a movie I can pop in any time as background noise or just enjoy as much as I can, say, "Kingdom of the Spiders", "Silent Rage" or the David Carradine movies (to name a few.)  This one is likely to be a "I haven't seen that in a while and I get some chuckles out of it." type of riff.

Good effort but I just don't think the movie lent itself to delivering good material.

Offline accidentalzombi

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 01:22:38 PM »
I may be alone, but this was a 10 for me.  I've been using it as background noise when doing other things on my computer and still laugh a lot.  I've seriously watched and listened to this at least 30 times so far.  Maybe because it reminds of the "Mondo" films that I was a fan of back in the day.

Offline Anarchemist

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 24
Re: Rank the treasure of the amazon
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 10:57:36 PM »
I didn't like that one very much. I'd been watching shorter Rifftrax movies, like VooDoo Man and other older ones, but decided to give this hour and 46 minute one a shot. I think they should have edited this one down.
There is an attempted rape right onscreen. (And if anyone considers that a "spoiler" there's something wrong with you.) The whole movie has the depth of a tv sitcom but with blood, nudity, cursing and an attempted rape. I'm not a prude; I'm not offended by any of it, but it's not real funny either. One of my least favs in a while
Earlier today I severed my own head and attached it to the bell of this baritone saxophone.