Author Topic: What did we learn? (Please express all answers in pan-flute form.)  (Read 3875 times)

Offline CJones

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
Re: What did we learn? (Please express all answers in pan-flute form.)
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2013, 03:25:01 PM »
So THAT's where Garbage Pail Kids come from.

Seriously, my sister went to medical school at UVA, and they had all sorts of deformed babies in jars just like that in the cadaver room. I almost threw up.

Speaking of which, somebody riff Garbage Pail Kids for God's sake.

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2013, 04:45:27 PM »
I learned that when you're helping your lady friend flee her abusive boyfriend, make sure to leave her unsupervised in a public place where he can easily find her.

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
  • Against the ninjmmmppphhhh
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2013, 04:42:14 PM »
I learned that Science demands many victims to advance itself.

I also learned that Bill doesn't catch every "What's Happening" utterance (1:07). For shame.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2013, 06:49:17 PM »
I learned that Science demands many victims to advance itself.

I also learned that Bill doesn't catch every "What's Happening" utterance (1:07). For shame.

I dunno... a recent (hidden) short may have revealed the retirement of that joke. :)

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2014, 12:04:48 PM »
I learnt that Zamfir makes a terrible stalker

Offline RedZoneTuba

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2017, 12:20:20 PM »
A mad scientist, rejected by the establishment, retreats to a remote location to continue his unspeakable experiments but is hounded by the authorities.
How can you mess up a premise as old as cinema itself?  Let's see...
Instead of a wild-eyed ham like Bela Lugosi as the scientist...cast a young, wooden-faced "actor" that never changes expression.
Instead of having him rant in wild speeches about his theories and plans...have him recite incoherent philosophical nonsense in a monotone.
Instead of a decent everyman to be the audience surrogate as he slowly learns the truth about what's going on...have a dweeby lounge singer whose act is so bizarre Andy Kaufman would have rejected it as "too weird".
Instead of creepy mood music available to anyone at no charge in the public domain...create a soundtrack of strange and inappropriate music with insanely surreal lyrics.
Instead of a cynical, absent-minded but brilliant police investigator patterned after Lt Columbo...have a fat, unfunny and misogynistic pervert to pursue the evildoers.
And as a final cherry on the sundae...make the title of the movie reference an animal that does not even appear once in the film.

I salute you, makers of Swamp of the Ravens!