login

Author Topic: American Horror Story: Hotel  (Read 867 times)

Offline MightyBombJack

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 171
  • Your weapons will have no effect on me
American Horror Story: Hotel
« on: September 16, 2015, 11:36:11 PM »
Still a but unsure about Lady Gaga being the lead for an AHS season, but this promo has me excited:

“American Horror Story: Hotel” Blasts Some Rammstein

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3361922/american-horror-story-hotel-blasts-some-rammstein/

soguru

Re: American Horror Story: Hotel
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 08:03:47 AM »
Any chance that we'll hear the Gypsy Kings rendition of "Hotel California"?

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1479
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 08:00:18 PM »
Ehhhh I might pass on this one. I passed on most of last season. But I'm sure my wife will watch it just cause, so if it gets good maybe I'll give it a shot.

soguru

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 04:46:55 AM »
I'd definitely watch if Alexandra Breckenridge came back as Moira.

Offline MightyBombJack

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 171
  • Your weapons will have no effect on me
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 01:04:48 PM »
Here are the opening credits if anyone wants a sneak peak, it's mostly kind of the standard creepy imagery you would expect from these things, a little bit of a letdown after the interesting Brothers Quay-like stop-motion opening from last season. The little flashes of the Ten Commandments are rather intriguing though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScY179qa5pM

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 02:50:28 PM »
Just saw it and ... HOLY CRAP.  "Viewer Discretion Advised"?  You ain't lying!
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1479
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 03:42:04 PM »
Made it halfway through the first episode, but couldn't do any more.  A multitude of things rubbed me the wrong way, but not the least of them being the fact that the girls accepted another room after a rotting human jumped out of their bed, instead of running as far away as possible before huddling in a corner for a good decade.  Don't get me wrong, as a viewer it wasn't that scary.  You could tell what was coming and it wasn't even that sudden.  But the fact that the girls seemed about as scared as I was just reinforced my feeling that it wasn't scary at all, and instead was fairly pointless and stupid. 

Suspension of disbelief is one thing, but when your characters act in ways that don't make any sense, or feel utterly contrived, it makes it tough to get into the story.

soguru

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2015, 08:59:53 PM »
I've had this problem with horror before, that problem being that the stuff happening in regards to ghosts, etc doesn't really gel very well with my understanding of the real world. Don't get me wrong, it's horrifying and memorable, but it's not memorable in a way that scares me every time I think about it.

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 103
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2015, 08:47:32 PM »

I swore off this show after last season's conclusion but yet again found myself watching the opener. I'm really digging the atmosphere of the season but awaiting the trainwreck that's coming.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein