Author Topic: Star Trek Whining  (Read 2807 times)

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2654
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
Star Trek Whining
« on: November 04, 2013, 05:24:58 PM »
But then, maybe he won't like the next guy either?

http://www.avclub.com/articles/attack-the-blocks-joe-cornish-might-direct-the-nex,105101/

With J.J. Abrams busy directing, writing, and listening to people preemptively complain about Star Wars, Paramount has turned to director Joe Cornish to possibly take over the next Star Trek movie. Deadline reports that the Attack The Block director may lend his skills at staging alien battles against a gang of scrappy upstarts to the third chapter in the rebooted Star Trek series, continuing a trajectory that’s seen Cornish bounce from that low-budget breakout to more mainstream genre fare—like working alongside pal Edgar Wright on The Adventures Of Tintin and Ant-Man, and developing Paramount's adaptation of Neal Stephenson’s Snow Crash. If Star Trek Into Darkness was Abrams’ play on Wrath Of Khan, perhaps Cornish’s Star Trek could be his play on The Voyage Home, pitting Kirk and Spock against some more modern street toughs?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 04:03:30 PM by Edward J Grug III »
FINE

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
I want more thread titles to specifically mention Imrahil's reactions to news.

Specifically where he farts.

Get on that.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2654
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
I mean, I can edit that into other post titles if that's what you want...
FINE

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
In all seriousness, I would bust a gut if I saw a title thread changed to mention Im farting.

I would laugh

a lot

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3899
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
I think I would laugh too :D :D

Offline Toyland Chairman

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 78
    • Toyland: The First DEMONIC TOYS Homepage
INTO DARKNESS was just the unwanted love child of WRATH OF KAHN and the 2009 reboot. We can only hope the third is something different. I would like it to be about the five year mission, but chances are it will be about the Klingon war.

Anyone else think Spock dating Uhura is too out of character and should just be done away with?

I'd also like for Bones to get more screentime. In the earlier films, Spock, Kirk, and Bones were like the 3 stooges or something.
For DEMONIC TOYS and updates on Full Moon Films:
www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/

Offline Road_Element

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 51
  • The Names Servo, Tom Servo
Frankly Wrath of Khan has been ripped off two times now. Star Trek Nemesis and Into Darkness. Its like nobody can come up with anything new.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5901
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!

Anyone else think Spock dating Uhura is too out of character and should just be done away with?
I don't like it either. But I was more bothered by Uhura bickering with him DURING AN IMPORTANT MISSION! It just made her seem bitchy and very very unprofessional.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2386
    • Ronin Fox Trax

I don't like it either. But I was more bothered by Uhura bickering with him DURING AN IMPORTANT MISSION! It just made her seem bitchy and very very unprofessional.

Yeah, I think that's one of the weakest moments in either movie, and really shows the problems of how Hollywood writes for women.  No matter what kind of character you want to create, too many writers tend to turn every woman into the hot wife from a lame sitcom.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
Its pretty clear to me from the reboot they are not intrested in telling original Star Trek stories but squeezing the most money out what ever has worked before.  Look for the next movie to be about the crew having to travel back in time to find a pair of blue whales!

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Road_Element

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 51
  • The Names Servo, Tom Servo
Its pretty clear to me from the reboot they are not intrested in telling original Star Trek stories but squeezing the most money out what ever has worked before.  Look for the next movie to be about the crew having to travel back in time to find a pair of blue whales!

J.J. Star Trek 3 = Spock Punches a Whale
J.J. Star Trek 4 = Spock Punches God
J.J. Star Trek 5 = Spock Punches the Klingon Chancellor in the balls.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
Re: Star Trek Whining
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2013, 11:51:14 AM »
Just to change it up slighty, Spock will then choke slam a borg in the following movie.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2013, 12:33:46 PM »
Just to change it up slighty, Spock will then choke slam a borg in the following movie.
At the end of the last one I expected Spock to rip Kahn's arm off, leave him there to die from blood loss, and teleport to Kirk's bedside and just wring the arm over Kirk's mouth to give him the blood.

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2013, 01:48:15 PM »
At the end of the last one I expected Spock to rip Kahn's arm off, leave him there to die from blood loss, and teleport to Kirk's bedside and just wring the arm over Kirk's mouth to give him the blood.

As unlike Spock as that would be, I would have LOVED it!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2013, 05:34:17 PM »

As unlike Spock as that would be, I would have LOVED it!
Hell yeah, me too!