Author Topic: Comedy Central's @midnight  (Read 5738 times)

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked:
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
Re: Comedy Central's @midnight
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2015, 05:44:13 AM »
Scottotd on Instagram or @Scottotd on the Tweety :)

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked:
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2015, 05:48:08 AM »
Cleanest ep ever?

Thanks to Kevin...nope.

Go Kevin!

Also, the Miley Cyrus and giant naked puppet stories wouldn't have allowed for too much clean material. (those are two separate topics, Miley Cyrus didn't have a giant naked puppet.)
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2015, 06:51:49 AM »
Very funny episode, I figured Chris would let all of them go into the final round.

Congrats to Bill for winning the Internet!

Offline MightyBombJack

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
  • Your weapons will have no effect on me
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2015, 10:47:20 AM »
Cleanest ep ever?

Thanks to Kevin...nope.

Go Kevin!

Also, the Miley Cyrus and giant naked puppet stories wouldn't have allowed for too much clean material. (those are two separate topics, Miley Cyrus didn't have a giant naked puppet.)

I was a little surprised that nobody made a joke about the weird naked puppet being part of a sequel to Fun in Balloonland. :D

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2015, 12:49:49 PM »
Just watched it, I've never seen that show before.

I'm still not 100% on what the fresh hell I just watched, but the guys were really funny on it. So, all and all, 21 minutes well spent.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2015, 07:21:37 PM »
The show generally has its guests make jokes or guesses about Internet-related items, usually items from the day but not always.  The Hashtag-Wars usually are related to a daily event or topic.  Depending on the guests it can often be a very funny show.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked:
    • Facebook
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2015, 07:26:16 PM »
One of my favorite shows, with Daily Show one of the two shows I watch ....daily

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2015, 07:27:38 PM »
I just wound up buying it on Itunes.  Really wished it was uncensored.  For some reason on the iTunes releases every show from Thursdays is released in an extended uncensored version but not any of the others.  I don't watch it very often is the Thursday night show something special?
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2015, 08:22:31 PM »
I just watched the episode. I was a lot of fun. My favorite was the line "Ok, the pizza is in the laserdisk player, now what?"

And that horrifying "puppet show" from Australian? GAAAH! THIS IS WHY PEOPLE ARE AFRAID TO ASK WOODY ALLEN ABOUT SEX!

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2015, 11:31:30 PM »
Great episode. One of my favorites. Was really cute and sweet what Chris had to say about the guys.

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked:
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2015, 04:04:55 AM »
I just wound up buying it on Itunes.  Really wished it was uncensored.  For some reason on the iTunes releases every show from Thursdays is released in an extended uncensored version but not any of the others.  I don't watch it very often is the Thursday night show something special?

Usually the only difference is Thursday is "Tag Team Thursday" meaning each contestant is playing for prizes on the behalf of a follower of the @Midnight twitter feed.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked:
    • Facebook
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2015, 05:27:47 AM »
Just watched it twice in a row, possibly tied for favourite episode with the Hodgman, Proops and Paul F. one from last year.

Is there a way I can legally force Bill and Kevin to be my uncles?

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2015, 11:31:14 AM »
Just watched it twice in a row, possibly tied for favourite episode with the Hodgman, Proops and Paul F. one from last year.

Is there a way I can legally force Bill and Kevin to be my uncles?

You're going to have to make each of their sisters your sister wives. Though I suppose that's not exactly legal.

Online k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked:
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2017, 07:31:29 PM »
Does the CC app have a decent backlog of episodes? When we moved our DVD got screwed up and we lost a bunch of episodes of @midnight that we hadn't seen yet.