login

Author Topic: Batman VS Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)  (Read 45901 times)

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
Re: Batman VS Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2014, 07:03:03 AM »
One of those train wrecks where the damage is so catastrophic you have to take a look to see how bad it is.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline RandyMistie

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 116
  • Hello!
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2014, 07:14:26 AM »
I'm with you on both counts, Randy. I thought Affleck was fine as Daredevil, the movie just sucked in everything else. It's Zack Snyder, continuing from Man of Steel, that is the problem here.

I must bow to peer pressure... I have, now, horrible feelings about the "reboot" of Batman.... and we all hate Superman, naturally... so....

What is happening?!!!??  I've been living in a fool's paradise....

"Argo" was good though.... right?
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2380
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM »
Argo was excellent.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline RandyMistie

• Hello!
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2014, 07:50:26 AM »
Thank you, Roninfox, but, Now I realize, when Affleck is not directing he could be just cashing a pay-check... AGAIN! Only, this time with Batman, like so many other actors have done.

I assumed, as we all did, that Batman would be super cool, and Superman would be a super-Gump, as superman always is.... but perhaps Zak Snyder doesn't love Batman as well as I?

I have thousands of dollars in "Batman the Animated Series" cells, and a story board from the show signed by Mark Hamill, (who voiced The Joker) and Paul Dini. I have maquettes of Batman from every incarnation from BTAS to Justice League Unlimited....

Sure, this all makes me sound like a weirdo, BUT....

No, I'm a weirdo....I have to face it. I am looking at a HUGE Joker mural painted over the wall of my movie room. And, like the Comic-book guy from the "Simpsons" I must say, "Oh, dear. I've wasted my life..."

Well. I have been married for 30 years, I made a home for my wife, I vote, I serve jury duty, I pay outrageous taxes...  maybe I didn't waste my life so much....

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2014, 08:10:13 AM »
I don't think this is about a paycheck for Affleck, I do get the impression (largely from listening to Kevin Smith stories) that Affleck loves Batman and wants nothing more than to do this justice.

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2014, 08:10:49 AM »
Then again, I actually enjoyed Man of Steel (cue Darth Geek to tell me all the ways I'm wrong about that.)   ;)

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5583
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2014, 09:21:19 AM »
I'm with you on both counts, Randy. I thought Affleck was fine as Daredevil, the movie just sucked in everything else. It's Zack Snyder, continuing from Man of Steel, that is the problem here.

I must bow to peer pressure... I have, now, horrible feelings about the "reboot" of Batman....
I could easily see Batman being the one thing in this movie that they do right.

And Ronin, you are wrong. But you don't need to tell me all the specifics. Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

Offline RandyMistie

• Hello!
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2014, 09:39:05 AM »
LOL!!!!

Youses guyses crack me up!

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2014, 10:15:07 AM »
I obviously just look for different things from a Superman story than you, but I admit that part of that is that I was never a huge Superman fan.  Most takes on the character bore me, because he's just TOO damn good and invulnerable.  My favorite Superman stories before Man of Steel either were random strangeness (Like the Mister Mxyztplk episode of the animated series) or stories where he actually fails (Like the first Darkseid episode of the animated series) because they show a different side of him than the usual "Kryptonite weakens him, but he wins anyway" type of thing I kept seeing.

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2014, 10:49:33 AM »
Yeah, his overpower makes him boring.

Offline RandyMistie

• Hello!
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2014, 11:52:22 AM »
Agrreed!  All around!  We identify with Batman because he is well trained and well honed, and just a human being with excellent observation skills, and excellent fighting abilities.

Super-guy is an alien, he didn't choose it, he has all like super-strength, and Super Hot Vision [tm] (The Tick) and his Hypno-Specticles [tm] that keep mortals from knowing he is really Clark Kent a really broke-ass reporter for a broke-ass news-paper that the internet is killing... The Tick is cooler, frankly, and he is insane!

(also, nigh-invulnerable)

SPOON!!!!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5583
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2014, 01:05:06 PM »
  Eh, I've always felt that Superman's powers just made it more difficult for WRITERS to provide an adequet problem. That's not a fault of the character, it's bad writing when they can't think of anything that could challenge him. He's pitted against super smart villains, you need to make sure their plan is also smart.
  In the first Superman movie, Luthor was smart enough (despite his otherwise buffoonery) to simply have two missiles going in opposite directions. And it WORKED! Well, there were consequences anyway. It wasn't until the writers pulled a new power of turning the world backwards, or whatever the hell that was supposed to be, out of their ass to make it a happy ending.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2014, 01:22:18 PM »
The Tick isnt insane, he us just very dedicated.

Offline RandyMistie

• Hello!
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2014, 01:40:52 PM »
Well, that is where Darksied, and Granny Goodness, (creepiest thing ever, especially as voiced by Ed Asner...) created by the great Jack Kirby, come in.

Darkseid and his Doom warriors killed the crap out of Super-dude.... but of course, there was always Earth B, (crunch all you want, we'll make more).

In the Paul Dini Alan Burnette movie, Super man vs Batman, Darkseid, holds Batman over a burning pit and looks right into his eyes. Batman says, "Do it... I have decoded the planet bombs I will destroy the Earth and your Hell Dominion.

"I will destroy every living thing in two galaxies!"

Darksied pauses a moment and lets him down saying, "I know that Superman would never do that, but you.... There is a darkness in you that would destroy everything to defeat me.... you have promise, human...."

Batman had to have the conviction in his eyes to bluff Darksied, (if he WAS bluffing) and be the coolest dude that ever lived! Super-mongo couldn't out bluff Darksied.

Meanwhile Super-reject was burning in a pit, screaming like a little girl, his little girl cousin kicking his ass, Batman had to save them both.... telling Draksied, "Never come to our dimension again, or I will destroy all the worlds."

It gets pretty hairy from there, but the bottom line is, Batman rules, Super-whatever drools!

Offline RandyMistie

• Hello!
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2014, 01:54:25 PM »
You are right, Swipe! Actually, Uberman (Superman) was insane, The Tick was simply, "Nigh-Invulnerable" LOL! And poor Arthur.... The Moth....